TPG Community

Get online support

gmail recipient unable to verify senders address

Ascidian99
Level 4

my wife has been sending invoices to her patients & colleagues for more than ten years from her TPG hosted email address.  About 6 weeks ago* these messages started ending up in some receivers spam folders.  I was able to reproduce the problem by sending an email from her a/c to my gmail a/c, and when I displayed the message in gmail Google advised that the message may be spam as they were unable to authenticate the senders address.

My wife uses a hosted address (eg minnie@minnie.org.au) which is an alias of her TPG account which uses a TPG email address (eg neddy@tpg.com.au). 

So far receivers with an icloud, googlemail, gmail or in one instance a hosted address (ISP unknown) have been affected.

Is there any way to allow for sender authentication so that these errors don't occur please?

thanks

*about the same time that the delayed email messages reported in a separate thread were noticed.  (Details of our account were sent to Shane via PM on 24 July as part of the investigation in that thread)

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Ascidian99 ,

Thanks for raising this to us. I recommend to raise this directly to our postmaster for urgent investigation with the hosted TPG email, you can send them an email at postmaster@tpg.com.au.

On the other hand, I can confirm that the previous issue affecting the service has been resolved, please confirm you still having delay incoming emails.

Regards,

@Ascidian99 wrote:

my wife has been sending invoices to her patients & colleagues for more than ten years from her TPG hosted email address.  About 6 weeks ago* these messages started ending up in some receivers spam folders.  I was able to reproduce the problem by sending an email from her a/c to my gmail a/c, and when I displayed the message in gmail Google advised that the message may be spam as they were unable to authenticate the senders address.

My wife uses a hosted address (eg minnie@minnie.org.au) which is an alias of her TPG account which uses a TPG email address (eg neddy@tpg.com.au). 

So far receivers with an icloud, googlemail, gmail or in one instance a hosted address (ISP unknown) have been affected.

Is there any way to allow for sender authentication so that these errors don't occur please?

thanks

*about the same time that the delayed email messages reported in a separate thread were noticed.  (Details of our account were sent to Shane via PM on 24 July as part of the investigation in that thread)

Ascidian99
Level 4

Shane,

thanks. Have emailed  postmaster and will see what results.  As I suspect this problem will affect other users of hosted email addresses  I'll post the fix here (after checking with postmaster).

mike

Shane

I am glad to know that @Ascidian99. We will wait for the resolution on this thread.

Cheers! Smiley Happy