TPG Community

Get online support

how do I add an IP address / website to white list

drmatto
Level 2

i have been asked by Peloton to add a series of web addresses / ip address to my internet providers white list to help my bike work better (it needs an internet connection, dont ask...) Smiley Happy

how do i do this?

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @drmatto . Don't understand your question. If your bike needs to connect to a website, there are no restrictions to any website.

If Peloton needs to connect to your bike, there is some setup in the router.

drmatto
Level 2

sorry if not clear.. the peloton bike needs to connect to the internet yes. it does so using the standard method (wifi) to my tpg fibre to the basement connection, however the connection is not that reliable. The peloton service technician advised that this may be due to the service provider black listing several sites / ip addresses it needs to connect to (black listed at the provider level, not router/modem level).

several other people have asked about service provider level white listing but i could not see any solution.

drmatto
Level 2
david64
Level 15

@drmatto . I doubt TPG is blocking these sites since I tried a couple. The bike may have to deal with invalid certificates.

Your bike may have a weak wifi signal or is affected by wifi interference. Does it use the 2.4G or 5G band? 2.4G has greater range. Use your mobile phone to check the signal strength of your wifi networks and surrounding networks.

You should check you are not getting internet dropouts.

drmatto
Level 2

its 2.4Ghz, it has great reception near the router and says it has good signal strength.

all other wifi devices are connecting and streaming content fine (not at same time as bike).

will check with phone as hotspot to see if this helps anything.

agree, it would be unusual for TPG to block those addresses. i think its a bike thing. stupid peloton. either that, its me.. stupid me.