TPG Community

Get online support

mail redirected to spam

Alleycat
Level 3

I see that some others have had similar problems in the past. But I also have other questions.

Over the past month emails from people I know that have sent emails before have been getting redircted to the Spam folder (on my Web mail). Why?

However, when I download my mail to my PC this mail does not appear in my  Outlook Junk folder. 

How can I transfer these legitamate emails back from the SPAM folder to my In box?

I have tried to forward them (from web mail) back to my address, the program tells me they were successfully sent but they never arrive in either my (Web mail) In box or back in Spam. Only way I have found it to send to another email address and then redirect it back from there. A time consuming excercise.

Previous replies to this problem have mentioned changing settings from Medium to Low etc. But I cannot see/find anywhere on the Web mail to change these settings so I am assuming that they are refering to their email program ie Outlook. ? Can anyone clarify this for me ?

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @Alleycat ,

Thanks for raising this to us.

You may try to change the Email Filtering Setting on our Post Office by following the guide below.

1. Login to your TPG Post Office with your username and password through this link : https://tpg.com.au/home/postoffice

2. Click on Settings at the top.

3. Click on Mail Filtering Settings on the left side of the page.

4. On Select the level of filtering for all your incoming email box, choose the level of filtering you prefer. Below are the security level you can choose from:

* Off - No filtering, turns off automatic Junk Filter detection
    * Low (Normal) - Low filtering, sets a low Junk Filter detection sensitivity
    * Medium - Medium filtering, sets a slightly higher sensitivity.
    * High - High filtering, sets the highest sensitivity (high setting also filters Bcc'd messages)

5. Click on Save Settings.

You may also try to use the other features under Mail Filtering:

* Address Filters - allows you to create rules that will either block or allow messages to be delivered, no matter what content is within the message.   

* Advanced Filters - allows you to create rules that can not be created with the Address Filters. These give a finer control on the way a message can be matched, and can be set to expire on a certain day if desired.

Let us know how it will go.

cheers!

Alleycat
Level 3

Thanks Shane,

Now I know where to find the settings  I will see what happens now that I have adjusted some. Just strange that the "System" suddenly starts doing things that it has never done before.

Also is there an easy way to recover/redirect emails designated as Spam?. Other than doing what I have been doing and that was Forwarding to another address, and then forwarding back to my TPG address.

Cheers

Shane

Hi.

You have the option to use the Address Filtering can set a specific E-mail address on which Folder in the inbox you wish to contain it.

Refer to the image below:

Regards,

Thanks Shane,

Now I know where to find the settings  I will see what happens now that I have adjusted some. Just strange that the "System" suddenly starts doing things that it has never done before.

Also is there an easy way to recover/redirect emails designated as Spam?. Other than doing what I have been doing and that was Forwarding to another address, and then forwarding back to my TPG address.

Cheers

Alleycat
Level 3

Thanks again.

Yes I understand that I can set up filtering for the INCOMING emails that may be construde as spam. But as I am unable to predict what emails it is going to label as spam (most recent ones were regular contacts I have had/used for years) I wanted to know how I can easily recover emails that have been put in the SPAM folder by mistake in the first place.