network dropped

Sally_Mel
Level 2
Recently the network was dropped every several minutes,so we reset the modem and now it’s down. It failed to connect to the internet and some lights was off. Please refer to the photo. We doubt the modem was broken, because it was too hot. The model of modem is tp-link archer vr-1600v.
3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @Sally_Mel . Your photo didn't load. 

Did you just turn it off and on or did you press the reset button?

Can you just say which lights are on and off on the VR1600 and the NBN box if you have one.

The VR1600 does get warm to touch but should not be hot. Can you turn it off for a little while to cool and try it then. It may be faulty.

Sally_Mel
Level 2
Yes, we turned it off and on many times. At beginning, it works but then it can only work several minutes.We also press the reset button and now it doesn’t work completely. Only power,dsl,2.4g and 5g lights are on,others are all off. I don’t have NBN box,because I live in an apartment,there is a phone line link the modem. I think it will be better to let a technician come to check it.
Ahra_G

Hi Sally_Mel,

We'd like to look into what's been happening with your service. Let us have your Customer ID or username via private message to locate your account and run remote tests on your connection. 

Recently the network was dropped every several minutes,so we reset the modem and now it’s down. It failed to connect to the internet and some lights was off. Please refer to the photo. We doubt the modem was broken, because it was too hot. The model of modem is tp-link archer vr-1600v.