TPG Community

Get online support

new IPOE setting in VR1600v

padmest215
Level 3

Hi,

I noticed that a new DSL Connection ipoe_ptm_novlan appeared in my VR1600v, in addition to the existing three PPPoE connections. Please see attached screenshots.

This seems to cause minutes-long dropouts every few hours, while the Line Status stays connected. The IPoE will try to connect but never succeed, then the pppoe_ptm_2_0_d can reconnect and restore the internet. I turned on the SOS-ROC, but it did not solve the dropout issue.

Can the ipoe_ptm_novlan be deleted? 

Thanks

TPG Question 11-1-2023_141724_192.168.1.1.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
padmest215
Level 3

Forgot the Line Status screenshot.

TPG Qustion 11-1-2023_14419_192.168.1.1.jpeg

Ahra_G

Hi @padmest215

Did you manually add that PPPoE setting? You may refer to this article and make sure to select the correct NBN service type: Setup Help

For further help, please send in your TPG account details via PM.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

david64
Level 15

Hi @padmest215 . Looks like this firmware build has multiple link definitions for DSL and EWAN.

You can try deleting the ipoe connection by clicking the garbage bin icon and see if that helps.

There may still be a line fault causing drop-outs in the first place.

padmest215
Level 3

The first PPPoE setting pppoe_ptm_2_0_d is manually added according to the guide for NBN FTTN, it works well for years. The other two PPPoE settings came with the modem, and they look like the debugging ones used by technicians.  Only the IPOE setting is new, it just appeared last month.

I just sent the account details via PM. 

padmest215
Level 3

Thanks