TPG Community

Get online support

opt out of SMS about NBN maintenance

letayet
Level 2

How do i opt ut of the constant text messages about planned maintenance in my area?
If it was only once a month I wouldn't mind so much, but several times a month is just too much.

TPG told me to "just block the number", but it's the same number they use to send an ID code, so how is that useful?

I said they could email me if they felt compelled to keep me so constantly udated, but they said it was automated and couldn't change it.

4 REPLIES 4
Riezl

Hi @letayet, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can take a look at your account. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

letayet
Level 2

So what was the point of asking me to send a PM when all you did was repeat what I had already been told on the phone (as I already explained).

I can't remove the number because it's the only one TPG uses, so I need to keep it active in case they send me any messages of actual value.

However my daughter has told me that at least I can mute the alert for that number.

thanks for nothing.

canguro
Level 2
Has there been any progress on this? The opt out link in the SMS does not work - takes me to a page suggesting I log in and go to ‘Outage Notification Settings’, which I cannot find! I get them 3 times a week and they are frogging annoying, and pointless. Shame on you TPG. Martin
Aubrey

Hi @canguro, send us your details via private message and let's get this sorted.

Thanks,

Aubrey