TPG Community

Get online support

removing email address due to lack of use

itsnotright
Level 2

on your own website at this link https://support.tpg.com.au/tpg-broadband-settings-list

you say the same thing over and over  for all the connections 

"username  > username@tpg.com.au"

to logon to the internet using your router 

and now your removing those email address's 

how many people even remember how to access there routers .. ???

to change  it to just "username"

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @itsnotright 

The internet should still work with or without the username@TPG domain for the modem settings; if you are using a 3rd party modem/router there are some devices that requires a default domain to connect to the internet.

Regards,

itsnotright
Level 2

you mention 

The internet should still work with or without the username@TPG domain for the modem settings; if you are using a 3rd party modem/router there are some devices that requires a default domain to connect to the internet.

but ive been told by 2 (via Phone) thats not the case 

you will have to change your router to connect with just your username 

and what devices are you talking about ? ie: I use a cisco router 

Shane

Hi @itsnotright ,

It is a case to case basis; if you are using the supplied TPG modem/router you may use the username with or without the domain. There are some modem/router that requires to use @domain and some are not it depends on the manufacturer and model of the device.

What modem/router are you using?

Can you send us a PM with your details to better understand the situation?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

you mention 

but ive been told by 2 (via Phone) thats not the case 

you will have to change your router to connect with just your username 

and what devices are you talking about ? ie: I use a cisco router 

itsnotright
Level 2
Hi @itsnotright,   Where do you get this information? Are you pertaining to the decommissioned TPG webspace? If so, webspaces will no longer work and their content will not be accessible. If you wish to keep the webspace content, you must download it before the service is closed.   Regards,   

I rang the help line thats where , I also got a call back to confirm , because i didnt believe it 
Nothing to do with web space .. that was last weeks agrivation 
this is the removal of unused email address's , and the need to use that address to make a connection in the router/modem 
to achieve an internet connection to the TPG though the NBN
its clear or shall i say clear from the second call that i WILL have to change the username in my router after july  27 2023
also there is no way for them (tpg) to reverse this process (according to the second phone call ) 
the only way to stop this from happing is to click a link in the email > a link in an email < really no way 
why  because its has no refererence in that link to TGP  at all > so spam and should be treated like it
how many people actuall check there ISP email account , half third - 10 maybe 
I have 2 people  in my email contact list that uses his ISP  both are over 70 years young 
all of my kids use one of the free accounts out there .. and have done so for 20+years , never there isp 
becasue they change them 

Now tell me that leaving my modem/ router with my email address as username will be OK 
and it wont be disconnected in july  ... 
 good luck 

BasilDV

Hi @itsnotright 

Could you send us a private message with your account details and a screenshot or a copy of the email you received for us to check it?

There will be no changes to the active service and it should work continuously.

BasilDV

turveyalan
Level 2

I followed the link and after a long wait it said oops the page isnt there.

If I bought an exercise machine and didn't use it would the shop come and take it back?