TPG Community

Get online support

reoccuring tpg outages and/or dropouts

MarinaPozzi
Level 2

Hi, I’m on Plan: NBN Business Cable XL Bundle Fast @ Monthly Fee: $89.99 which contractually is supposed to provide high speed and consistent 5G. I work in Wentworth Street, Glebe, NSW.

Below are times of outages or dropouts experienced in the period between 27/12/20-11/02/20, during 10 of 27 10-hour shifts – ie MORE THAN ONE THIRD of shifts have had outages or dropouts. I have asked on numerous occasions about a detailed report on what could be causing these incidents during the window of 1100-1500. I will be sending these figures to Minister Fletcher. His office has already advised me it is not an issue from nbn.co but from the broadband provider (see attached). Red Bee Media IT support has advised me the issue is congested or lower internet speed. I will continue pursuing this matte until someone stands up and takes responsibility and fixes the problem or offers compensation as this clearly appears to be a breach of contract.

11/02/20          - 1149 (small) then 1156, 1223, 1236

01/02/20          - 1218, 1239, 1354

31/01/20          - 1224, 1246, 1444

26/01/20          - 1223 upload speed dropped to 7.16, download speed 19.3 *

20/01/20          - 1133

18/01/20          - 1300

13/01/20          - 1341, 1346

31/12/19          - 1320, 1323, 1338

28/12/19          - 1213

27/12/19          - 1318

*I was able to carry out speed test on one of these occasion, see attached.

Marina Pozzi

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @MarinaPozzi,

For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you: How to Check for NBN Network Outage

In your case, the synchronization is stable, which is an indication that there's no line fault affecting the service.

Further investigation may be required to identify what is really dropping out as it could be the Wireless connection, if you're connecting all your devices via Wi-Fi.

Wireless dropout can be eliminated by using a wired connection. If the connection will not drop on a wired device, it is likely a wireless drop outs issue and we recommend having a read of this community article which may help improve the wireless connectivity performance : Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

With regard to the speed issue, please note that the actual speeds for the service may be slower and vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG. Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

There are cases that the actual speed is no longer enough to accommodate the devices and its online activities and it may look like the connection is dropping out.

We'd recommend having a read of this community article, which may help you check if the speed you're getting at the moment is within acceptable range.

This also includes troubleshooting on how the speed can be improved.

Slow speed issue