TPG Community

Get online support

still capped at 5mbps upload after upgrading to NBN50

SOLVED Go to solution
fildeps
Level 2

Hope to get attention here from TPG. I have been given promises to receive a call back from engineers but nothing so far even since signing up with TPG  new plan of NBN25 and now upgraded to NBN50.

download speed looks good so far at 50Mbps which is expected. however the upload remain capped < 5Mbps.

Been speaking with TPG support although they mentioned they have no access to check further the plan im under and that an Engineer will be giving me a call back to have a look further. 

I have never been called by any Engineer since, even when I was back in NBN25. Now that I have upgraded, still waiting for a call from their Engineer.

Support and I have done all checks making sure its not from my local network. LAN cable and wireless.

~# ./speedtest-cli

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...

Testing from TPG Internet (110.175.125.13)...

Retrieving speedtest.net server list...

Selecting best server based on ping...

Hosted by Launtel (Sydney) [0.09 km]: 15.585 ms

Testing download speed................................................................................

Download: 50.26 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed......................................................................................................

Upload: 4.97 Mbit/s

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fildeps
Level 2

Got a call from engineering and they had a look at my config. Somehow Engr had to push a code to my device to reflect the new upload speed of 50/20. Don't know the full story but that had fix my problem.. thanks.

root@nas718:~# ./speedtest-cli

Testing from TPG Internet (60.241.23.79)...

Hosted by blueAPACHE (Sydney) [0.09 km]: 16.087 ms

Testing download speed................................................................................

Download: 53.37 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed......................................................................................................

Upload: 18.79 Mbit/s

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @fildeps this may just be a leftover setting from your previous speed tier, log into your modem router, go to advanced and then bandwidth control, check what value the 'Total Upstream Bandwidth' is set to, change it to 19500 and make sure you click save, reboot the modem to invoke the change and try another speed test.

fildeps
Level 2

thanks for your suggestion. 

I cant seem to find the bandwitdh control settings 

below is my modem info

Edit: just to add further.. i have reset to factory settings both NBN black box and modem.

Firmware Version:2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 210926 Rel.15288n Hardware Version:VX420-G2v v1.0 00000000

orbistat
Level 8

I havn't seen the software interface on that model, all the previous TP-Link modems give access to that setting, it's a new model and there isn't a firmware emulator for it yet that I can find.

One thing you could try is a reset on it and then wait for it to auto configure via the TPG acs server, that way it will definitly load the proper profile for your plan. If you haven't reset it since your 25-50 plan upgrade I think this will work.

fildeps
Level 2

yep i forgot to mention that i have done all factory reset in both NBN black box and the modem.

unfortunate that still shows the same upload speed of less than 5Mbps

root@olp:~# ./speedtest-cli

Testing from TPG Internet (61.69.229.228)...

Hosted by Launtel (Sydney) [0.09 km]: 15.364 ms

Download: 52.79 Mbit/s

Upload: 4.98 Mbit/s

orbistat
Level 8

@fildeps wrote:

yep i forgot to mention that i have done all factory reset in both NBN black box and the modem.

Unfortunately it looks like a support person will need to run some diagnostics when you can get on to them, sounds like you're on HFC with a CM8200, it might also need a ticket to NBN to resolve.

Angeli

Hi @fildeps

We'll chase this up with our Engineering Team and have them to give you a call at the soonest. Can you please send me your TPG account details with your preferred callback number and time today privately?

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

fildeps
Level 2
Hi Angeli,

sent you a PM. cheers
fildeps
Level 2

Got a call from engineering and they had a look at my config. Somehow Engr had to push a code to my device to reflect the new upload speed of 50/20. Don't know the full story but that had fix my problem.. thanks.

root@nas718:~# ./speedtest-cli

Testing from TPG Internet (60.241.23.79)...

Hosted by blueAPACHE (Sydney) [0.09 km]: 16.087 ms

Download: 53.37 Mbit/s

Upload: 18.79 Mbit/s

digitalerr0r
Level 2

Hi Angeli, 

Hope this finds you well and that you can assist me.. I was signed up with iinet 50/20 with

With the modem that was supplied by them VX420-G2h, It seems a similar issue with the OP is happening to be i am only getting 5mbps I thought it was the provider so I jump shipped to ABB, they told me to do a factory reset on the router which I did and saw the upload speeds reach 20mbps several minutes later back down to 5mbps.. I don't know why this is happening when I have paid for the modem it seems like something is getting pushed to limit me to 5mbps? ABB cannot do anything and neither can iinet.. when I factory reset I can see DSL account tpg_acs seems like those are factory by default .. Can you please assist me or PM me for further details 

Firmware Version:2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 220110 Rel.12310n Hardware Version:VX420-G2h v1 00000000