TPG Community

Get online support

temporary Home superfast speed boost

brisvagas2020
Level 2

Hi i have recieved this email below from helpdesk@tpg.com.au the latest of a few promising superfast nbn, i have tested my speeds over the past month and im still getting my slow 40 - 70Mbps speed even when im on the 100Mbps plan is this email genuine or just Phishing?

Previously we communicated to you that your service was being uplifted from 6-April-21 to 6-Oct-21. We noticed some customers had delays to this uplift and have extended it accordingly. 

Your service will remain on the uplifted speed until 13/10/2021. After this date your plan will revert back to NBN100, you will not need to do anything.

Temporary speed boost

For more information about the nbn™ Home Superfast plan, please see the NBN Key Facts Sheet and our Critical Information Summary.

Please note: Most modems can handle the estimated Typical Evening Speeds delivered by TPG nbn™ Home Superfast, however you may need to connect devices via Ethernet cable instead of WiFi if you have an older modem that isn’t performing well. More information and list of compatible modems is available here.

If you have any questions, please call us on 1300 993 011 and we’ll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

The TPG Team

19 REPLIES 19
BasilDV

Hi @brisvagas2020

Thanks for raising this with us and we apologise for the inconvenience.

We do provide some of our customers with a free speed boost.

We'd like to look into your account to make sure that the speed boost has been applied to the account.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

brisvagas2020
Level 2

Hi My user id is XXXXXXX thanks.

Riezl

Hi @brisvagas2020, it appears that the speed boost has been applied to your account. Please run a speed test and PM us the screenshot of the result. 

brisvagas2020
Level 2

A screen shot of download speed below thanks.

Screenshot 2021-05-05 185535.jpg

BasilDV

Hi @brisvagas2020

Thanks for providing the screenshot of the test result.

May we know if it was performed via Wired or WiFi connection? If via WiFi, are you connected to the 2.4GHz or 5Hz band network?

BasilDV

brisvagas2020
Level 2

This is from a computer connected by ethernet cable directly into the modem supplied by tpg.

tp-link anrcher VR1600v

BasilDV

Thank you @brisvagas2020.

Did you check if you are using a Cat5e type Ethernet cable or Cat5 only?

Do you have any device that can be connected via 5GHz band WiFI network to test the speed?

BasilDV

brisvagas2020
Level 2

The cable is a cat5 cable

i have tried my phone Samsung s10 on the 5Ghz wifi and

the ping is 12

Download speed is 67.8 Mbps

Upload speed is 23.2 Mbps

BasilDV

Hi @donald17

Thanks for the update.

For the Wired connection, you need to use at least Cat5e Ethernet cable as it supports Gigabit connection compared to the Cat5 that only support the speed up to 100 Mbps.

We'd like to arrange a call from our Tech team to check on the connection for your 5GHz network.

Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted tomorrow.

BasilDV