TPG Community

Get online support

unstable ADSL connection

SOLVED Go to solution
finidigeorge
Level 2

Hi Tpg,

I've expirienced a lot of connection issues last week, basically the dsl connection is floating between 1 and 7 Mbit with often disconnections. Before it was pretty stable at ~10-11 Mbits. My modem is connected directly to the wall wiithout any adsl filters/splitters.

Could you please check if it somethong wrong with line/connection ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JongR

Assuming that you are not on a Naked DSL plan, I suggest that you check for line noise.

Disconnect your modem from the wall socket and connect a phone handset. Check for dial tone and for any crackling or hissing noise. Noise has the effect of causing signal dropouts and low sync speed from the phone exchange.

Presence of noise may indicate cable corrosion anywhere from the wall socket, internal cabling, your apartment's MDF, up to the street. Flooded or dirty Tesltra pits (due to recent rains) may also cause line noise.

Report presence of line noise to TPG Technical Support for resolution.

Have you seen a helpful comment lately? Be sure to give it a Like.
If a reply to your question solves the problem, be sure to mark it as an Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Shane

@finidigeorge wrote:

Hi Tpg,

I've expirienced a lot of connection issues last week, basically the dsl connection is floating between 1 and 7 Mbit with often disconnections. Before it was pretty stable at ~10-11 Mbits. My modem is connected directly to the wall wiithout any adsl filters/splitters.

Could you please check if it somethong wrong with line/connection ?

Thanks

Hi @finidigeorge,

Welcome to the Community!

You can try to use a different phone cable for the modem going to the wallsocket or try to use a different wall socket rather.

Let me know how it will go Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink

Cheers!

finidigeorge
Level 2

Hi @Shane,

Thank you for the answer. I've tried another cable, even another modem, can't see any changes.

I have only one wallsocket in the apartment so can't try another one Smiley Happy And it looks like that there are two different issues - sometime the modem just couldn't connect (DSL indicator light is flashing and connection status on the modem's status page is no cable or something like this). In other cases dsl connection is fine, but still no internet (dns and gateway adresses are missing on the connection status page, internet indicator light is off but dsl is on)

Btw, I'm using the netcomm NB304N updated to the latest firmware (R1B033)

JongR

Assuming that you are not on a Naked DSL plan, I suggest that you check for line noise.

Disconnect your modem from the wall socket and connect a phone handset. Check for dial tone and for any crackling or hissing noise. Noise has the effect of causing signal dropouts and low sync speed from the phone exchange.

Presence of noise may indicate cable corrosion anywhere from the wall socket, internal cabling, your apartment's MDF, up to the street. Flooded or dirty Tesltra pits (due to recent rains) may also cause line noise.

Report presence of line noise to TPG Technical Support for resolution.

Have you seen a helpful comment lately? Be sure to give it a Like.
If a reply to your question solves the problem, be sure to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
greg_shadur
Level 2

I have the same issue - unstable ADSL connection, low speed. It happens periodically, then connection may stay stable with reasonable speeds for a week or two, then again unstable period.

Recently the feature got worth.

There is no any changes at my end. My line is 03xxxxxxxx. Please check your end.

Regards

GS

BasilDV

Good day @greg_shadur,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using the number that you've given. We've run some remote test and was able to detect some signal interference which causes the drop outs.

We've refreshed your service connection which will help stabilize your internet.

Please observe your connection and get back to us if it's still unstable.

Kind regards,

greg_shadur
Level 2

The connetion and the speed were OK till yesterday evening.

This morning I found connection is dead...

Recycled modem. It took few connecting/disconnecting attempts to actually connect and registered on your server(s).

No changes on our side...

Erika

Hi @greg_shadur

Apologies for the trouble. 

I was able to run some test on your connection and has seen some errors on the results. We need to do further assessment to narrow down and identify the possible cause of this concern. 

Please let us know your best contact time and number via PM and we'll arrange a call from one of our technicians for you. 

Erika

Hi @greg_shadur

Thanks for sending your details. 

I've now arranged a call from one of our technicians today between 12:00pm - 1:00pm. 

Should you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Erika

Hi @greg_shadur

Your case has now been raised to our Engineering team. 

Please allow some time for our engineers to assess your case.

Nonetheless, I've made sure that this case will be prioritise.

They'll be in touch with you as soon as additional information becomes available.