TPG Community

Ask, answer and talk about our products

unstable ADSL connection

SOLVED Go to solution
Level 1a

Hi Tpg,

I've expirienced a lot of connection issues last week, basically the dsl connection is floating between 1 and 7 Mbit with often disconnections. Before it was pretty stable at ~10-11 Mbits. My modem is connected directly to the wall wiithout any adsl filters/splitters.

Could you please check if it somethong wrong with line/connection ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES

finidigeorge wrote:

Hi Tpg,

I've expirienced a lot of connection issues last week, basically the dsl connection is floating between 1 and 7 Mbit with often disconnections. Before it was pretty stable at ~10-11 Mbits. My modem is connected directly to the wall wiithout any adsl filters/splitters.

Could you please check if it somethong wrong with line/connection ?

Thanks

Hi @finidigeorge,

Welcome to the Community!

You can try to use a different phone cable for the modem going to the wallsocket or try to use a different wall socket rather.

Let me know how it will go Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink

Cheers!

Level 1a

Hi @ShaneA,

Thank you for the answer. I've tried another cable, even another modem, can't see any changes.

I have only one wallsocket in the apartment so can't try another one Smiley Happy And it looks like that there are two different issues - sometime the modem just couldn't connect (DSL indicator light is flashing and connection status on the modem's status page is no cable or something like this). In other cases dsl connection is fine, but still no internet (dns and gateway adresses are missing on the connection status page, internet indicator light is off but dsl is on)

Btw, I'm using the netcomm NB304N updated to the latest firmware (R1B033)

Highlighted
Staff

Assuming that you are not on a Naked DSL plan, I suggest that you check for line noise.

Disconnect your modem from the wall socket and connect a phone handset. Check for dial tone and for any crackling or hissing noise. Noise has the effect of causing signal dropouts and low sync speed from the phone exchange.

Presence of noise may indicate cable corrosion anywhere from the wall socket, internal cabling, your apartment's MDF, up to the street. Flooded or dirty Tesltra pits (due to recent rains) may also cause line noise.

Report presence of line noise to TPG Technical Support for resolution.