TPG Community

Get online support

very slow upload speeds

SOLVED Go to solution
rvollema
Level 3

Hello, 

Just had TPG NBN100 connected this morning and while it has been out all day, I noticed after 4pm I finally had a signal. Did some speed tests and download seems ok (but still nowhere near what I got on cable), upload speeds are less than 1Mb/s. Sorry to day that this is rubbish. Yes I use WIFI for most devices except Foxtel via internet and Apple TV. These devices show similar upload speeds. I saw another user complaining about the same thing for NBN 50 back in I believe October 2018. Common issue it seems?

Ron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rvollema
Level 3

Just arived back home and I am pleased to confirm that indeed the NBN connection is now working as it should, download speed around the 88Mbps and upload speeds around 37Mbps. 

I may have had a rocky start with the NBN but after my hafl hour on the phone on Friday with TPG support I would like to thank TPG for sorting out the setup and fixing the instratructure problems that were due to be fixed by 31 July. 

Thanks

Ron

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
rvollema
Level 3

Between 7pm and 7:35pm the service was out alltogether. The WIFI modem showed the internet status as disconnected. It is back now, download speed is fine around 88Mbps but upload just shocking at 0.2-0.5Mbps.

Ron

rvollema
Level 3

Download speeds are still variable, with speeds at times 92Mbps going down as low as 5Mbps when Foxtel stops streaming. With speeds that low regularly tonight, it is hard to understand how an average of 87Mbps download speed can be achieved. 

BasilDV

Hi @rvollema 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and have seen that the account is not completely marked off, which is why the service is not working as it should be.

We'll raise this with our Service delivery team and advise them that the service is already working.

We'll provide you with the updates once available.

Regards,

BasilDV

Shane

Hi @rvollema,

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Provisioning Case Manager and advised that the current status of your NBN service. They also sent you an email and waiting for your response.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

rvollema
Level 3
Correct, the serial number of the NBN box and led status were emailed back and the installation has been marked off as complete. Will report speeds when I have them.

Ron
rvollema
Level 3

Just arived back home and I am pleased to confirm that indeed the NBN connection is now working as it should, download speed around the 88Mbps and upload speeds around 37Mbps. 

I may have had a rocky start with the NBN but after my hafl hour on the phone on Friday with TPG support I would like to thank TPG for sorting out the setup and fixing the instratructure problems that were due to be fixed by 31 July. 

Thanks

Ron

Will

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @rvollema.

I'm glad that your service has been installed and that you're happy with the speed you're getting.

Feel free to drop by should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

arjunan
Level 2

how long does it take for the account to be marked off ??

My connection was completed on 20.03.2020 and still not marked off for me able to make changes on the account

elaineh93
Level 2

Hey, 

Have nioticed my downloading speed is very slow.

Just performed a test and the results have come back as i thought.

My download speed is 8 mbps and my upload is 0.8 mbps.

Is there anyway i can improve this as it takes 3 days to download a game.

Thanks