TPG Community

Get online support

wifi signal weaker after firm upgrade ?

tehtali
Level 2

Hi there,

I am not sure someone else ever experience this problem. My in law and myself has exactly identical circumstance, we both have NBN-HFC installed with TPLink VR1600V Voip modem router. Nevertheless, ever since 6 to 9 months ago, no too sure there is any firmware upgraded to the modem router, we both experience wifi signal dropped, as the result our samsung smart TV or mobile devices experience weaker signal and cannot stream our video at same location where our TV was. 

I look into our current router firmware version, here is the info for your reference.

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000
Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @tehtali

Welcome to the Community!

The firmware of your modem/router is currently the latest one available.

The issue that you are experiencing through the WiFi connection may be caused by the signal interference.

We've created some articles that will guide you on how to improve your home WiFi network.

Let us know if the issue persist after performing the troubleshooting in the articles.

BasilDV

tehtali
Level 2

first of all, as mentioned above we have our smart TV and Chromecast already been setup at individual house and it is stationed. It is working all the time and coincidently this happen (wifi weakening) around the same period.

I changed the channel manually  in between those available option as suggested. The result is no signal improved ....

Hence I quite believe that it could be latest firmware upgrade remotely weakening our wifi signal....