TPG Community

Get online support

Check Telephone Line error

jayjayjo1
Level 2

Hi all,

I've had the FTTB for a few months now but not had connected the telephone as I was waiting for specials on NBN compatible telephones.

Well I just bought and NBN compatible phone pluged it into the 'Telephone 1' port as it is discribed in the user installation guide.. Well for the past 24hr plus hours on the telephones display on the bottom of the screen stateing "CHECK TELE LINE", now the phone is a brand new UNIDEN DECT 1015 NBN Compatible telephone.. Any ideas or is it a call to customer service?

--

Jay

--
Jay
3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @jayjayjo1,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account and learned that you are under our TPG FTTB service.

The home phone status shows that it is active and should start working. Have you tried using a different handset? A normal hand set should work as well as long as it is connected to the phone port of the modem directly.

Have you also tried to use the Phone port 2 on the modem? If not, please try connecting the handset and check if you could ring out or receive a call.

If it's still not working, please let us know and will arrange a call from our Tech team to check this. Just shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

jayjayjo1
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV 

I have tried the telephone 2 port and the message is still the same 'Check Tel Line' and I have tested it with a second working telephone and I get the same error message. I also have checked the data from the modem itself and thats alright and the telephone 1 light is on and the telephone 2 light also comes on when the telephone cord is plugged in, i've changed the telephone cord (2pin) and I have also tested it with a 4pin telephone cord and changed the modems telephone cord (4pin).

The error message stays the same 'Check Tel Line' 

--
Jay
BasilDV

Thank you for the update @jayjayjo1.

We will arrange a call from our Tech team to look into it further. Please shoot me a Private Message with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

How to send a PM? Click here.

Kind regards,

BasilDV