TPG Community

Get online support

Cisco SPA112 unable to conect to modem

Ruiz1955
Level 2

Recently the standard issue Huawei modem/router stopped working, so we had to purchase a new router for the home. We are with the NBN plan which includes homee phone, but unfortunately the router we purchased (NETGEAR D6400) does not have a phone conection to it. To fix this I purchased a CISCO SPA112 ATA as i read much about people using these devices if they had the same problem.  It seems I am having troubles connecting my phone even after following the quick setup guide. From what I have read, I need an IVR login? Considering this device is for VoIP specifically, surely someone can guide me on how to get this working..

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Shane

Hi @Ruiz1955,

Welcome to the community!

The TPG NBN-FTTN VoIP service is encrypted for security, you will need to use our supplied modem if you are to make and receive phone calls. This will not be available using a 3rd party VoIP device, let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

freodesign
Level 3

Your comment makes no sense. You are holding us to ransom to use your modem. They are no good and only allow a couple of connections at one time. We need answers to a couple of questions

This is the information that we need from the service provider:

• Proxy address:
  • Outbound Proxy
  • Is the SPA122 compatible with TPG?
  • If not what is the compatible device?
  • If yes, is this auto provisioned?

Will

Hi @freodesign

Welcome to the Community!

Indeed, for the VOIP to work, you will need to configure the modem with the correct SIP settings (proxy server and outbound proxy).

As mentioned by @Shane, for security purposes, these settings are pre-configured on the modems that we ship out to our customers. At the moment, the option to have the SIP settings for TPG Home Phone is currently not possible as our system is not designed that way.

Regards,

freodesign
Level 3

Hi

But what solution do you have for connecting more than 1 or two items to the cheap slow modem you supply?

I need to connect more and not loose speed.

AC 3200 or more is preferable.

Regards

Andrew

Ahra_G

Hi @freodesign

I've seen that a complaint has been raised with our Complaints Team. As part of our complaints process, a Complaints Resolution Case Manager has been assigned as a sole point of contact and will be attempting to reach your contact information to discuss the concerns raised and work towards a resolution.

Furthermore, your assigned officer already escalated the issue to our Engineering Team for assistance. Kindly await for their team to contact you for updates. 

If you have any other query regarding your complaint, please do not hesitate to contact your compliance officer directly via return mail.

Thank you. 

freodesign
Level 3

No solutions given and getting frustrated.

What solutions do you have for supplying a better modem?

Ahra_G

Hi @freodesign,

Checking your account, I've seen that your issue has now been escalated to our Complaints Resolution Team. As part of our external complaints process, a Complaints Resolution Case Manager has been assigned as a sole point of contact and will be attempting to reach your contact information to discuss the concerns raised and work towards resolution.

Your compliance officer received the endorsement today and is currently assessing your case. Please await for a feedback from your assigned officer either via email or phone call. 

For further queries or concerns, I would recommend responding directly to the officer's email once received.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Zadok
Level 2
I am wondering if this was ever resolved. I’m in a similar situation.
BasilDV

Hi @Zadok,

Are you trying to use a third party modem/router? If yes, then the VoIP will not work as the settings is embedded to our TP-Link modem/router's firmware.

Should you require further assistance, please shoot me a private message with your TPG username or customer ID number.

Kind regards,

BasilDV