TPG Community

Get online support

Email address mostly SPAM.

SOLVED Go to solution
tallin
Level 3
I have had my TPG email address for many years however I do not use it as it is a target for spam emails.. and I mean many a day. To maintain my Wi-Fi connection I want to remain with TPG so could I have some suggestions on how to slightly change my current TPG email to stop the spam.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @tallin,

On the "Mail Filter Settings", you need to scroll down to see the "Advance filters" field.

Are you able to send a screenshot of what you can see on your end for us to analyze it?

Kind regards,

BasilDV

View solution in original post

tallin
Level 3
BASILDV,
Okay, me silly, found the Advanced Filter however could not possibly list in all spam email addresses.
BUT, since raising my filter options yesterday and deleting spam this morning there have been no more. I was able to change my TPG email to my gmail address if that made any difference.
Thank you for helping
kind regards,

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi @tallin,

Welcome to the community!

We have a resolved thread about 'Unwanted Emails' thanks to @Luna.

You can visit this link for more details on how to filter your TPG email.

Let me know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

tallin
Level 3
Thanks Shane, have really made my junk settings as tight as possible. Thanks for your help, will let you know how things turn out.
kind regards,
Shane

You're welcome @tallin! Do not hesitate to update this thread for any progress.

Have a lovely weekend, cheers!

tallin
Level 3
This morning my IN BOX was taken over with Spam even though my tightening up of Junk Filter options yesterday. My solution would be to add another character to my TPG email to solve this issue, however I need guidance to do this please.
kind regards,
BasilDV

Hi @tallin,

If the main TPG email account is the one experiencing this issue, the change or edit of the username is not possible.

You may need to consider setting up the "Advanced Filters" on your "Mail Filter Settings".

Filter.png

With this filter, you need to be specific on what email that will be directed to "Trash", "Spam", etc.

You need to make sure to review the website that's requesting your email address to prevent this.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

tallin
Level 3
I cannot find the advanced filter options as shown in your screen shot.....sorry for being such a pest
kind regards,
BasilDV

Hi @tallin,

On the "Mail Filter Settings", you need to scroll down to see the "Advance filters" field.

Are you able to send a screenshot of what you can see on your end for us to analyze it?

Kind regards,

BasilDV

tallin
Level 3
BASILDV,
Okay, me silly, found the Advanced Filter however could not possibly list in all spam email addresses.
BUT, since raising my filter options yesterday and deleting spam this morning there have been no more. I was able to change my TPG email to my gmail address if that made any difference.
Thank you for helping
kind regards,