TPG Community

Get online support

Frequent ADSL Network disconection

dlstjd77
Level 2

Hi,

We didn't touch the cable connection since i was using internet for years. but i'll try to move it to the other one.

currently, i checked that bandwith is droped to half. (from 19000/1020 to 13500/500).

any change is made from yourside?

this gives slow internet but no frequent dropping out.

"Only full internet speed causes dropping out", it doesn't sounds like our side issue. 

I didnt touch anything settings from Sunday for sure.

Regards.

Will

Hi @dlstjd77

The adjustment performed by Shane made your connection stable, however it lowered down the speed that your modem is getting. I suggest that before we remove the adjustment to get the speed back up, try to follow the recommendation provided above then let us know.

Regards,

dlstjd77
Level 2

Hello,

I thought i have 2 wall socket for phone line, but actually i got only one.

just disconnect and reconnect the adsl connection.

it is isolated, no phone connected.

wireing is same as before.

Regards

BasilDV

Hi @dlstjd77,

It seems that the connection is already stable. I've adjusted your connection to make sure that the noise signal interference will be lessened.

Please observe your connection further and don't hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

dlstjd77
Level 2

Hi again,

it was quite stable till last week. (still was not perfect)

now having issue again.

current network status on modem is attached.

it used to be about 1020/19000 (upstream/downstream)

nothing is changed till now. this status is from modem so only related with external connection.

Regards

BasilDV

Hi @dlstjd77,

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've run some remote test and was not able to detect any fault within the copper network, however, the dropouts are evident. The modem is also getting a low sync speed compare before.

We've escalated the case to our Engineering team for further investigation and they'll be in touch with you via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

dlstjd77
Level 2

Hello, 

I checked that technician checked and reported.

can i get any updates?

Regards

Riezl

Hi @dlstjd77, we have made a follow up with our Engineering Team and advised the case engineer to contact you before 2PM VIC today to discuss the outcome of the technician visit.

Riezl

Hi @dlstjd77, we can see that our Engineering Team has been in touch and discussed the status of the case.

As advised, we will connect your service to a new set of copper lines and further updates will be provided by the case engineer as soon as it becomes available.

Should you have further queries, please let us know. Thank you.

dlstjd77
Level 2

Hi,

Currently I am waiting for the proccess.

Is internet speed is locked currently?

if it is, can I get more speed please. will limit the speed on our side.

Best Regards