TPG Community

Get online support

Having issues with Data and got absolutely no help from customer service

Trent_Nicholas
Level 2
So I use a very moderate amount of data typically 500MB per day maybe a GB on heavy use days. On the first day of my reset a whopping 18.5 GB was used on my account through “Hotspot” which I never use (turned off and password protected as well). I originally thought the 85% message on the first day on my month plan was a glitch so I didn’t think anything of it, but then after two weeks I got the 100% data used message and was cut off. When I contacted support about this usage because it used basically everything on the first day, the only response I got was to either “use wifi” for the rest of the month or “spend $10 per 2GB for the rest of the two weeks, which would put me out of pocket like 30-40 dollars which is almost two months worth of my plan. I am very unhappy with the service basically responding to my data being stolen as “bad luck, wait til next month I guess”
I am hoping to get something resolved with someone with a bit more care for customer service than the customer service phone line.
I will be looking to go somewhere else if not.
3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @Trent_Nicholas . Does your phone have a data usage display?

Can it display month by month and data usage by app? 

Trent_Nicholas
Level 2
Hi David,
Yes I can’t exactly see month to month but an overall total, it comes under hotspot as “Other devices” I have used hotspot on one or two of my devices very infrequently over the past few months and it displays they as their IP or name which I recognise. It is just the significant usage from the “Other devices” which is the issue
david64
Level 15

@Trent_Nicholas . When you say "comes under hotspot as “Other devices” ", is this how the phone displays the usage? Phone is showing 18.5GB used?

Does it distinguish between usage from itself (browser, mail app, ...), and usage from hotspot?

You recognise your devices by name/ip address. Are there any you don't recognise?