TPG Community

Get online support

Home phone incoming calls gets connected a wrong number

SOLVED Go to solution
sunkyounghwang
Level 3
We’re on NBN50 fibre to building. We’ve recently plugged in our home phone to the broadband modem and we can make out going calls fine. But when someone tries to phone us at home using the number given by TPG, it gets connected to a wrong number, i.e. someone else’s home.

We know the home phone number is correct because when we receive the outgoing call on my mobile phone, the home phone number shows correctly.

We tried turning off and on the modem but no use. There must be a routing/porting error. Any suggestions on the next step would be very helpful. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sunkyounghwang
Level 3
Your engineer contacted me and fixed the problem. All sorted out. Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Will

Hi @sunkyounghwang 

Welcome to the Community!

We'd like to take a look at your account in order for us to check as to why you're struggling to receive incoming calls. Though we're able to pull up a record using your community details, we're uncertain if we have the right account.

Can you send us a PM with your customer ID or username together with your service address?

For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

sunkyounghwang
Level 3
Just sent a PM. Thanks.
Will

Hi @sunkyounghwang

Thanks for providing your account details via PM.

We checked your account and we found that you're actually on the NBN FTTP technology. We just want to clarify when you mentioned that you connected the phone to a modem, were you referring to the NTD box on the wall wherein you connected the handset to the UniV1 port?

In addition, were you able to perform a test on your own by calling your homephone number using your mobile?

Regards,

sunkyounghwang
Level 3
Yes, that’s correct. The home phone is connected to UNI-V 1 port of the NTD box. We tested it by calling the home phone number from my mobile and from other phones but they always get connected to the wrong number (always the same person).
BasilDV

Thank you for the clarification, @sunkyounghwang.

We've escalated the case to our Engineering team for further investigation and they'll be in touch with you via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours.

In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

Regards,

BasilDV

sunkyounghwang
Level 3
Your engineer contacted me and fixed the problem. All sorted out. Thanks.
BasilDV

Thanks for the update @sunkyounghwang.

Have a great day. Cheers!

BasilDV