TPG Community

Get online support

How to enable a Busy Signal when my landline is engaged

SOLVED Go to solution
leonstrauss
Level 3

I am using the Oz Talk bundle with NBN.  My landline telephone is connected to the modem.

If someone calls me while I am already on another call, the caller does not hear a busy signal.

Instead, they just hear the telephone ringing endlessly.

Is there some way to enable a busy signal when the line is engaged?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
leonstrauss
Level 3

The problem is now resolved.

Matthew from the Technical Team called me and confirmed that there was no Busy Signal when the landline was engaged.

I'm not sure what he did, but he chnaged something and now callers hear a Busy Signal as expected.

Thanks for fixing this.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Shane

Hi @leonstrauss ,

Thanks for briging this to our attention, this has been raised to our Engineering Team to disable the call waiting feature of the service. This may take 1-2 working days, I will provide update on this thread when it becomes available.

Regards,

@leonstrauss wrote:

I am using the Oz Talk bundle with NBN.  My landline telephone is connected to the modem.

If someone calls me while I am already on another call, the caller does not hear a busy signal.

Instead, they just hear the telephone ringing endlessly.

Is there some way to enable a busy signal when the line is engaged?

Thank you.

leonstrauss
Level 3

This issue is still  not resolved.

I have not received any communication from TPG since Shane's reply on 05/08/2021

In the meantime I have carried out the following test which may provide more useful detail.

(1) I initiated a call from my TPG landline to a non-TPG mobile.  The landline is now engaged, as is the mobile.

(2) Using a second non-TPG mobile, I called the first mobile.  I received a voice message informing me that the mobile was engaged.

(3) Using the second mobile, I called my TPG landline.  I heard the ring tone continuously until I terminated the call several seconds later.

The conclusion is that callers to my TPG landline do not hear a Busy Signal when the line is engaged.

Please review this problem again.  I look forward to receiveing a prompt solution.

Thank you  and kind regards

Leon Strauss

Ahra_G

Hi @leonstrauss

Our Engineering Team has confirmed that the Call Waiting feature is now disabled on your Homephone service. 

In order for us to assist you further, could you please provide us with your mobile number via private message as well as your most convenient time to receive a call so we can organise a call back to be made from our Technical Team? 

Regards,

Ahra_G

leonstrauss
Level 3

The problem is now resolved.

Matthew from the Technical Team called me and confirmed that there was no Busy Signal when the landline was engaged.

I'm not sure what he did, but he chnaged something and now callers hear a Busy Signal as expected.

Thanks for fixing this.

Riezl

We are glad to know that. Feel free to message us should you need further assistance. Cheers!

ant1000
Level 2

We received a reply from Shane on 22/01/2022 to our request to disable Call Waiting that it was completed, but we still have the issue that when we are on the phone other people trying to call us don't get the "Busy Signal".

Can this be adjusted so people know we are on another phone call?

Shane

Hi @ant1000,

I can confirm that the Call Waiting has been disabled on our end. Have you tried a different handset? Or does the handset has an option on how to activate the call waiting feature manually?

Regards,

We received a reply from Shane on 22/01/2022 to our request to disable Call Waiting that it was completed, but we still have the issue that when we are on the phone other people trying to call us don't get the "Busy Signal".

ant1000
Level 2

@Shane wrote:

Hi @ant1000,

I can confirm that the Call Waiting has been disabled on our end. Have you tried a different handset? Or does the handset has an option on how to activate the call waiting feature manually?

Regards,

@Shaneyou have misunderstood the question and situation.

This has nothing to do with the handset and I don't want call waiting on.

I want call waiting off of our service as well as if I am on a call and a thrid person tries to call me while I am on the phone, this third person get a busy signal/tone

Look at the earlier response above whereby

"The problem is now resolved.

Thanks for fixing this."

Can you speak to Matthew from your Technical Team to find out what he did to fix the issue for user @leonstrauss 

Shane

Send me a Private Message with your best contact number and preferred time, we'll have our Technical Team to contact you. 

@Shane wrote:

Hi @ant1000,

Regards,

@Shaneyou have misunderstood the question and situation.

This has nothing to do with the handset and I don't want call waiting on.

I want call waiting off of our service as well as if I am on a call and a thrid person tries to call me while I am on the phone, this third person get a busy signal/tone

Look at the earlier response above whereby

"The problem is now resolved.

Thanks for fixing this."

Can you speak to Matthew from your Technical Team to find out what he did to fix the issue for user @leonstrauss