TPG Community

Get online support

How to turn on/off number display/directory listing on your home phone

Manuel
Community Manager

This article will step you through how to toggle number display and directory listing settings.

You will need to log into my account here to access the below options

For NBN Sevices

Log-in to My Account

Select " View NBN Digital Voice Service Account

pic1.PNG

Select " NBN Digital Voice Service Control Panel"

pic2.PNG

Set your settings for Number Display / Directory ListingClick 'Update' once done

pic3.PNG

For ADSLSevices

Log-in to My Account

Select " View TPG Home Phone Service Account

pic4.PNG

Select " Home Phone Service Control Panel"

pic5.PNG

Set your settings for Number Display / Directory Listing

pic3.PNG

Click 'Update' once done

IMPORTANT REMINDERS:

• Once details are modified for directory listing please allow approximately 5 working days for the changes to reflect on White Pages/Sensis.

• Your directory listing (if any) from your previous provider may or may not be carried across to TPG. TPG will not list your number by default, however customers may choose to list the number in the directory by logging into Your Account section after their account with TPG is active.

For more info, visit… 

ADSL2+ - http://tpg.com.au/adsl#section2 > Optional Service/Features

NBN - http://tpg.com.au/nbn#section2 > Optional Service/Features

6 REPLIES 6
cathyweb
Level 2

interestingly, I followed those instructions to login and can see my number is supposed to be silent. But it still appears in the Whitepages, even though I called months ago to have this removed.

Trying the phone method again today hoping it might actually work.

Cathy

Shane

Hi @cathyweb,

Welcome to the community!

In the event that your number still listed on the directory listing drop after re-trying the method given to this article feel, let us know.

Cheers!

interestingly, I followed those instructions to login and can see my number is supposed to be silent. But it still appears in the Whitepages, even though I called months ago to have this removed.

Trying the phone method again today hoping it might actually work.

Cathy

ssar
Level 3

cathyweb wrote: "I followed those instructions to login and can see my number is supposed to be silent. But it still appears in the Whitepages"

Same here - I've also recently phoned TPG verbally reqesting they remove whitepages details, and have also just now sent a similar request to a moderator via PM in these forums.

The "blocked number display" option has worked, after choosing it in my online TPG account NBN Digital Voice Service Control Panel.

But even though "silenced" was already chosen under the "directory listing" option, our details still appear in whitepages.com.au

Am hoping they are successfuly removed after these recent requests.

Ahra_G

Hi @ssar

We can confirm that your homephone number is already set to 'silent'. 

We'll check this out with our homephone Engineer and get back to you for any further info. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_

Jeffl
Level 2

I followed these instructions early last year, and also contacted TPG to ensure that our listing would not appear in the White Pages. I have just viewed a hard copy of the new white pages directory for our area (just released) and our listing appears!!

Angeli

Hi @Jeffl

Welcome to TPG Community! 

We'll help your contact details removed on white pages. Send us a private message with your TPG customer ID or username and we'll take care of it. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli