LANDLINE PHONE

lori1944
Level 2

I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE MY LANDLINE PHONE SINCE I WENT ON TO NBN 2YEARS AGO.  THERE IS ONE MODEM LINE WHERE I GET THE LANDLINE PHONE CALL TONE, BUT THEN IT JUST CUTS OUT.  IF I AM ON THE LANDLINE, MY INTERNET DOES NOT WORK.  I HAVE NO CREDIT ON MY LANDLINE SO HOW DO I PUT CREDIT ON THERE BUT IF I PUT CREDIT I STILL WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE MY INTERNET IF THE LANDLINE IS PLUGGED IN.
THIS IS IMPORTANT AS I AM 78 AND NEED TO BE ABLE TO MAKE EMERGENCY CALLS IF I NEED AN AMBULANCE.

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @lori1944

For the NBN service, the handset for your phone service should be connected to the phone port of your modem/router.

We are guessing that you are under the NBN FTTN/B (Fibre to the Node/Building) technology.

Kindly check this article that will guide you with the correct setup in order to use both internet and phone service at the same time.

Here's another article that will guide you on how to add a prepaid balance for your phone service.

You may shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number if you need further assistance.

BasilDV