TPG Community

Get online support

Landline not working

SOLVED Go to solution
padraic3
Level 2

Since NBN was installed I have not been able to use my landline - it is plugged into the Phone 1 port on the router.  When I try to make a call all I get is a continuous tone rather than a dial tone.  Not sure if removing the ADSL phone connections would help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
padraic3
Level 2

Thank you for your help, my landline is now working! The article was very useful. Julia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Riezl

Hi @padraic3, since you're on NBN now, you need to make sure that your telephone handset is properly set up and this community article may help you: Where to plug in your telephone handset with NBN?

If you have another handset connected to a different telephone socket, kindly disconnect it. Your VoIP service shows registered here and it should be working. We are suspecting a possible issue with the set up, but if the issue persists after double checking it, please let us know so we can investigate further. Thank you.

padraic3
Level 2

Thank you for your help, my landline is now working! The article was very useful. Julia

Riezl

Great! Feel free to drop us a message should you need any assistance. Cheers!

danvasiya
Level 2

Not sure if removing the ADS  rufus   L phone connections uc browser  filezilla   would help.

Pamandchris2
Level 2

I feel your pain.  Same issue.  TPG solution says ring 1300 number.  Ring the number then be told go on line.  Tried to use the Chat option.  Absolutely hopeless!  Getting really fed up!