TPG Community

Get online support

My Home Phone has not worked for 4 weeks and I changed my modem

kyliewalsh
Level 2

I recently had a problem with my modem and it had to be replaced. The internet is working fine since then but  something also happened to my home phone at that time. I can't make or receive calls. I have dial tone but when I try to make a call I hear a long continuoous beeping sound. If I call the home phone using my mobile I get a recorded message saying the number is not connected. 

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hey, kyliewalsh.

Let us look into this and get this sorted out. Send us a PM with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time. We will arrange our Team to contact you to update the modem to fix the phone issue.

How to send a PM? - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093.

Regards,

kyliewalsh
Level 2

Have sent you a PM with our details. 

Kylie

kyliewalsh
Level 2
Still no call and not fixed...?
BasilDV

Hi @kyliewalsh

This has been raised further to our Tech team and will provide you with the updates once available.

We'll try to resolve this remotely, but will be in touch if we still need to call you for further test.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @kyliewalsh

Our team needs to confirm the S/N and MAC address of the replacement device that you are using.

You may post it here or shoot it via PM.

BasilDV

kyliewalsh
Level 2

Hello,

Serial Number - 3218004006875

Mac Address 10-27-F5-CA-27-E4

Thankyou

Kylie

BasilDV

Thank you @kyliewalsh.

We can confirm that we have the correct one listed on the account.

Please perform a factory reset on your modem/router by pressing the tiny button and hold it for 10 to 15 seconds.

The modem/router will reconnect automatically after a few minutes. Be advised that performing a factory reset, the settings that you've changed to your modem/router will go back to default.

Let us know once done.

BasilDV