TPG Community

Get online support

NBN VOIP Settings

kerrieandjason
Level 2

After a recent electrical I had to replace the modem supplied by TPG, brought anoth TP-Link locally but dont know the VOIP settings and can't seem to find any information in the tpg portal.

Just needing to get the voip settings so I can get the home phone working, thanks.

Jason

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @kerrieandjason 

Welcome to the Community!

The VoIP SIP settings are embedded in the firmware of the modem/router that we provide.

This means that the VoIP will not work using a third party device.

BasilDV

kerrieandjason
Level 2

I replaced the supplied modem after an electrical storm with the same even though it has some seriously wifi limitations that overtly affect my smart home.

I was actually under the belief that a service provider couldn’t by law force there customers to use only there equipment or not have the full benefits that there plan offers?

How much time is left on my contract? Considering these cheap TP-Link modems cant handle large wifi and I’m not getting what I’m paying for I most certainly will be looking for another ISP that does.

BasilDV

Hi @kerrieandjason

We tried to search for your account using your community details to no avail.

You may check the information on your account itself. Just log in to TPG My Account.

There are certain limitation in the WiFi range of a modem/router, which is why the Mesh network, Access points, and Wireless extenders have been invented to boost the WiFi network in a large home/house.

If you've purchased a brand new modem/router, you may ask the shop if you can still exchange it with an Access point, etc. to boost your home WiFi network. Then, you may provide me your TPG username or customer ID number via PM in order to check if the faulty modem/router is still under warranty for us to replace it.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

kerrieandjason
Level 2

Thats absolutly fine now that I am aware of your monopoly on propritery hardware that only you supply to work on your network I am already looking for a new ISP, from what I can see since being with TPG I'm guessing just about any other provider will be more reliable, stable and certainly wont restrict there features based on what equipment I choose to use. 

As for contracts I have about 4 months left but from speaking to the ombudsman I know whats not going to be an issue and I certainly can't be held to it when you limit features when people BYO there own equipment.

I know this will fall on deaf ears but really in 30 years this would have to of been the most unreliable service I have every had from any ISP beit Dial up, ADSL or NBN.