TPG Community

Get online support

No one comes to fix our TPG service

usandpussy
Level 2

Our TPG fixed phone and ADSL2 service has been faulty for over three weeks since we reported it. After I called TPG on 15th Dec, the line was tested and found to have a fault and needing a service person to visit to fix it. I was told it would be fixed on four occasions, by:

19th Dec

22nd Dec

1st Jan

5th Jan

on each occasional the date was either changed or it passed with no advice or action.

Last Thursday (3rd Jan) I was advised that "the issue is currently under investigation. We will call you back as soon as we get feedback." but of course nothing happened.

Our phone and internet was faulty throughout the whole Christmas and New Year period and is still faulty. TPG of course can blame Telstra but I don't pay Telstra, I pay TPG and I expect TPG to provide the service I am paying for. What is the service level that TPG contracted with Telstra? Perhaps TPG went for the cheapest slowest option.

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @usandpussy,

Welcome to TPG community!

Thanks for raising this with us and we apologise for the inconvenience.

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the ticket which is being handled by our Engineering team.

Currently, we didn't receive an update from the Telstra technician that we've requested to fix the fault. I'll chase this with our Engineering team and have someone to contact you within the day to provide further updates with the progress of the case.

Again, our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @usandpussy,

I understand that our Engineering team has been in touch and was advised that the service was affected by Mass service disruption which caused the delay to resolve the fault.

There's a technician booked for today to check the service and your assigned engineer will be in touch once an update is available.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

usandpussy
Level 2

No one came yesterday but today Telstra (or their contractor at least) arrived and fixed the problem!!!

It proved to be two problems: the cable in the pit in the street was damaged (possibly when the cable for the NBN was installed recently), and the cable down our driveway needed replacing.  Both of these issues were fixed and we are back in business at the same speed we had before and the phone works again. 

I think I will ask for a credit for the 25 days service we lost and for the month of Netflix too.  But I am very relieved.

Shane

Hi @usandpussy,

We are glad to know that your service is now working. We will pass this to our Engineering Team. Please be advised that a billing adjustment will be subject to approval and investigation. An assessment will be done once the escalated fault is fixed; updates will be provided by our Engineering Team.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,