TPG Community

Get online support

Number not connected

MarRover2
Level 3

Hello,

Every since I switched from Telstra (some 2 years plus ago) porting the same landline number over to TPG, my overseas friends and relatives often time cannot call me via my landline.

They told me a message telling them my number is not connected. But for other time, they can call me. I have even use messenger to communicate with them (in US) to run test - telling them to call my landline and relay the result to me. Most of the time, they can call me.

I did some exploratory test (using Skype Credit) to call my landline and I met with the same message. But if I persist with retrialing the call, I eventually will get through. So the TPG message - service not connected - is not to be believe.

TPG told me that was up to the overseas provider's control, blah, blah, blah. But I do not believe that. It reminds me long time ago when I had a Optus local number and a Telstra local number. At peak hours when I used the Optus handset to call my friend's Telstra number, a robotic message came through telling me of an incorrect number. But if I immediately called my friend (the same number) using the Telstra handset, it went through. I believe it was due to interconnect capacity problem. At other time it was fine.

Perhaps TPG has not dimensioned sufficient capacity to receive overseas calls. Thankfully we have messengers to deal with this kind of shortcomings.

Does anyone have experience like this?

Rover

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @MarRover2,

Welcome to the community!

Incoming calls issue from international source must be reported by the calling party to their local Provider as TPG cannot do anything about it.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

MarRover2
Level 3

Hello Shane,

With all dual respect, I am not too sure it is entirely the problem with the caller's provider.

How can you explain my experiment (involving both US/HK callers and Skype Credit) by repeatedly calling my landline number until it got through?

The same callers from the same providers overseas calling my mobile (NOT with TPG) has no problem.

The common factor is all these experiments is my landline number which was ported over from Telstra. I have had this number since 1977 or so.

Never has this problem when the callers were using the same providers when I was with Telstra.

It only happens when I flick over to TPG.

Rover

Shane

Hi @MarRover2,

Thanks for the additional details. As mentioned above, TPG do not have control with the outgoing calls made by other ISP local and international it is best for them to raise this issue with their provider.

On the other hand, we tried to use your community details to pull up the account but it does not show any matching records. PM us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) so we can check your Home phone server and network to ensure that it is nothing to do with TPG service.

Regards,