TPG Community

Get online support

Ongoing Problems, multiple disconnections now at 2 months with no cure and speed down to 1.3Mbps

ricoda
Level 2

just feel compelled to mention my ongoing problems that technical department and nbn techs are unable to resolve .. it's actually got worse since I reported the dropouts and now have outages for 4-5 hrs a day and speed is down to 1.3Mbps (but i'm paying for 50)... not a very happy customer here, but Hey TPG you still seem fine taking my money (it actually took me several days to be able to post this as the page would time out)

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @ricoda

Welcome to TPG Community!

We tried to search for your account using your community details to no avail.

We'd like to investigate and understand the situation in order to come up with a reasonable resolution.

Please PM me your TPG username or customer ID number.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

Riezl

Thanks for providing the account details via PM, @ricoda. As per checking, your concern has been escalated to our Complaints Resolution Team and Engineering Team. We can see that a technician attended the site to try fix the fault on the line, but it appears that the technician was not able to do the job as per your request.

We have checked the status of your connection and it show stable for more than 10 hours now, but we'd like to make sure that this will remain stable.

Please let us know if you want us to proceed with the fix so we can advise our Engineering Team to send another technician.

ricoda
Level 2

After so many failed attempts to reply, I've had to resort to typing this out in notepad and then pasting it so as to not lose all the work ... does that give you any indication of how "stable" the connection is??. Another tech visit will then make it 4 visits with a combined loss of income for me of over $2000, forgive me if I don't seem receptive about wasting more time for something they can't even fix (even when I gave them a hint on what it might be because the dropouts only happened when it rained, now it's just all the time) ... **, they can't even mount the wall outlet, it's just hanging from the wires and ignored by all. Originally (nearly a year ago) I contacted TPG about the random dropouts and the "fix" for that has been to slow my connection by 15 times and extend the dropouts to span several hours (not working as I type now and fails to reconnect), but hey at least you can still charge me for something you don't supply, so I'm glad that's working out in your favour. I've invested in a new good quality modem, that made no difference, new phone fly lead (even tried the modem on the shortest possible fly lead and it made no difference) I've written a letter to TPG's CEO and that fell on deaf ears. Next point of call is the TIO. You want to send another tech ... ok but he plays by my rules now and rings when he's on his way, so I don't waste another day waiting for someone to arrive who can't fix the problem, and if this one walks into the house uninvited I won't just yell at him and make him run away because I hurt his precious feelings (like the last) I'll throw him out the door on his arse and file a police report for unlawful entry. You may think I'm being unreasonable, but I've invested that many hours into this problem that I should be on your payroll. TPG has made that many broken promises of phoning with updates of progress (never got a call yet) and actually making the problem 10x worse. Totally unprofessional service and I just hope others can read this and understand what poor (non-existent) technical support TPG supplies ... balls in your court now, last chance before I take it to the TIO, you have 1 week.

Riezl

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you, @ricoda.

We have forwarded your messages to our Complaints Resolution Team and you will be contacted by the case manager via email or phone call to further discuss the matter.

ricoda
Level 2

you go tell the snowflakes that work there that i don't have to abide by their no swearing rule if they ring me. The person in question made claims that i did something and i got mad at the person and swore ... last i've heard from them .... so formalising a complaint to the TIO now.

geoffreydaly
Level 2

I have the same issue, my speed test says 11.1 mbps  download / 900kbs upload yet when i upload or download its running at a tenth of these speeds. with the exception that I just spotted today.. the microsoft app store is able to download updates at between 8 & 11mbps. Clearly there is some kind of restriction blocking every other site on the internet from being downloaded faster than 1.3mbps