Phone Fault

cab64
Level 2

Hi,

My mother has had an issue with her phone line since yeterday.

She has dialtone but can't make outgoing calls.

Incoming calls are met with the calls to the area are currently congested OCA0142 message.

There are no outages listed in her area.

I have had her go through all the troubleshooting steps, checking connections, checking lights on modem and nbn box, turning modem off for 5 minutes etc etc and everything appears as it should be.

I called TPG support but unfortunately got nowhere with them.

I am looking for some assistance in rectifying this issue.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
David_M

Hi @cab64 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @cab64 

I have checked this NBN-HFC 50/20 plan and tests are passing.

I also noticed the phone number is registered and has been up for about an hour now.

Can you confirm the phone is plugged into the phone port 1 port on the back of the modem, and re-check if incomming and outgoing calls are now working normally?

thanks,

David_M

cab64
Level 2

Hi David

I just received a call from TPG in regards to this issue the end result being they are escalating the issue.

I am not on premises but have had mum check everything including connections as in first post which included the phone port 1 connection.

I have tried calling the number again and was initially getting your call could not be connected message

straight away but after a few attempts are now back to the call congestion message.

cab64
Level 2

Hi David

Have received notification that home phone fix has been applied.

Have tested incoming and outgoing calls, all good.

Thank you for your assistance.

David_M

Hi @cab64 

Thats great to hear!

Im glad our teams sorted it out super fast.

Regards,

David_M