TPG Community

Get online support

Phone line not working but internet connected

Donnaglase
Level 2

Internet is working fine but phone line is not - no dial tone or any sound - phone message says to check phone line

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @Donnaglase,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account and have run some remote test.

We've seen that the home phone status is active and registered, which means that the service should be working.

Is your handset connected to the Phone 1 port of the modem? Have you tried to connect it to the Phone 2 port if it's going to work? Have you tried to use a different handset as well?

Sorry for the bombs of questions as we need to analyze it further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Donnaglase
Level 2

Thank you for your response Basil.  Yes I’ve changed the handset and also tried the different ports but still no dial tone and when I phone the number is does not ring.

BasilDV

Thank you @Donnaglase.

I've made some adjustments in your NBN service and the connection from your modem will be refreshed.

The home phone should work after 15 to 30 minutes. Please reconnect the handset to the phone 1 port and check if the dial tone is back.

Keep us posted on what will happen.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Donnaglase
Level 2

Sorry Basil, the line is still not working.

BasilDV

Thank you for the update @Donnaglase.

I've escalated this with our Engineering team for further investigation and they'll be in touch with you via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours once an update is available.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

gibbofam
Level 2

The landline stopped working two days ago.  How can this be fixed?

Riezl

Hi @gibbofam, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community