TPG Community

Get online support

Plan Change Request submitted in February... TPG still charges for services that aren't used. Why?

Hyper
Level 3

I submitted a Plan Change Request on February 14th. (Request number xxxxxx)
On that same day I also ported my home phone number to a different VOIP provider.

So, the point of that request was to drop the home phone package (i.e. the VOIP part).

The confirmation e-mail TPG sent told me "Your plan change request will be processed within 1 day. We will send you an email when the plan change has been processed."

Until today, I have not received that e-mail - and I am still being charged $20 per month for a home phone service I don't use anymore.
6 days ago, I sent a follow up e-mail to TPG... I have received no reply to that.

I've then decided to try calling the Customer Service team - and did so twice. The first person had such a terrible microphone that it was impossible to hear him. The second person I reached acknowledged the issue, told me he would work on getting this resolved and put me into a wait queue again - where my call just got disconnected.

So, as I haven't heard anything from TPG about this issue yet, I find myself (again) frustrated with TPG's "customer support" and am now turning to the TPG Community. Maybe one of the mods here can help me finally get that home phone plan cancelled and get my $20 (+interest?!) reimbursed that TPG withdrew despite having received a plan change request a month earlier.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Angeli

Hi @Hyper

I'll chase this up with our Plan Change Team and further updates will be provided to you soon. Please also expect a callback within the day. Moreover, whatever unused portion of the voice add on will be assessed for possible refund.

Regards, 

Angeli

Hyper
Level 3

Oh fun... now my messages just get blocked here.
I guess, reporting back on TPGs "customer service" phone experience is not acceptable. 

Hyper
Level 3

Funny that this post went through... :-D but all my others got removed.
I'm done with TPG. I was promised too often that their support would act - and they just don't.

Ahra_G

Hi @Hyper, we do not block/delete messages unless you are spamming or posting the same message in multiple threads in our Community page.

Your case is now handed over to our Customer Relations team and is being assessed by a Complaints Resolution Case Manager. The officer will be your sole point of contact and will work towards a resolution. 

Updates will be provided via email or phone call. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Hyper
Level 3

@Ahra_G wrote:

Hi @Hyper, we do not block/delete messages unless you are spamming or posting the same message in multiple threads in our Community page.

Interesting that my first message then didn't show up - even though your system confirmed it as posted.

Updates will be provided via email or phone call. 

That's the e-mail "services" that have ignored my requests for weeks now and the phone calls where agents hang up and don't follow-up. Why do I get the feeling I shouldn't be holding my breath for these?

Again: A big thank you to the moderator team here on the TPG community! (I wrote this in my first update post here - that never got deleted or blocked but somehow never showed up here.)
You all have been very helpful throughout the years. I just wish you had colleagues on the phone lines and behind your e-mail systems that took their jobs more seriously.

As I now move on to a different ISP, I want to say that I will miss the moderator team here.
Thanks.

Updates will be responded to via email or phone call. In case of no updates within the next 2 business days, I will communicate via the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.

Thanks.
Hyper

Angeli

Hi @Hyper

As per the recent advised from @Ahra_G, your case has been passed on to our Customer Relations Team for further handling. However, I'd like to inform you that prior to the call of our Plan Change officer to you, I have requested the reversal of the voice add-on fee from the month of February since the March invoice has been credited on your old account. Also, any used portion of the old plan can be refunded along with it. 

I definitely appreciate your feedback in our community moderators though if in case you change your mind, you can still go with the installation of the NBN internet only plan under a new username created by Grace for you. 

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards, 

Angeli

oosman
Level 2

I guess, reporting back on TPGs "customer service" phone experience is not acceptable.