TPG Community

Get online support

Poor mobile coverage on kids phones

mhatwell73
Level 2
Have recently changed to TPG and all three of my daughters are on 45G plan but had no service on New Years Eve in three different locations. Surely the coverage is not this bad. Not great when you use technology to ensure that they are safe during the night.
5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @mhatwell73

We'd like to check on this further.

What are the locations that are not able to receive any service?

And have they tried to manually select a network, when they are not able to receive a service?

BasilDV

mhatwell73
Level 2
One was in Loch Sport Vic
One was in Seaspray Vic
One was in Robe in SA
Seaspray is the only location that looks like it may have no service based on your coverage maps.
They didnt try to manually search for a network but I dont see why they should have to if the coverage is working correctly
BasilDV

Hi @mhatwell73 

Based on the coverage maps:

Loch Sport Vic

Outdoor coverage Indoor coverage
Predicted to get 4G coverage No indoor coverage

Seaspray Vic
Outdoor coverage Indoor coverage
No outdoor coverage No indoor coverage

Robe in SA
Predicted to get 4G coverage No indoor coverage

If they are not able to get service, they need to perform troubleshooting as the signal coverage might not be that good based on the maps.

In case they experience the same thing, they can perform the troubleshooting here: https://support.tpg.com.au/troubleshooting-mobile-voice-no-coverage

BasilDV

mhatwell73
Level 2
Thanks for the reply and information but I hardly think that this is an acceptable solution when it is happening so regularly throughout regional Victoria. Maybe TPG would be a good option if we lived in Melbourne as the Vodafone network just doesn’t seem to cut it. Guess we’ll have to try another provider if this is the best you guys can do.
Ahra_G

Hi @mhatwell73,

Please send us a PM along with your TPG details and we'll go from there. 

-Ahra_G