TPG Community

Get online support

TPG does not believe in customer loyalty

hianchan2
Level 3

I just had the most unpleasant experience with TPG customer service.  I have been a customer for years and always experience good support.  Got a text message from TPG so inviting me to upgrade to fibre (from DSL copper) as its now available at my curb.  So I placed an online order for the upgrade with the $0 modem option on a 6 months plan.  The installation was schedule but I thought it was odd that I haven't heard for several days about the modem delivery.  I sent CS a message and the reply was:

" Please be advised that there is no modem included.

You may use the same modem that you have since its still compatible with the service."

Wait, no explanation as to why my contract is suddenly changed.  So I asked does that mean I get the other option which is the $100 rebate to buy a new modem myself.  So the answer came back, that's a for new customer only,  existing loyal customer just have to put up with old outdated modem. 

I guess TPG would rather I cancel the order or perhaps let them complete my fibre upgrade and then cancel the contract and go to another ISP who will give me a new modem.  Hasn't this company heard of the saying "it's easier to keep a customer than to sign up a new one"?

Anyone else have this experiece?  Please shere.

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Help is here @hianchan2

We'd like to look into the account and see what we can arrange for you to stick around.

Just send us a private message with your account details and we'll take it from there.

BasilDV