TPG Community

Get online support

This was not mentioned in the sign up process, re delay of landline phone service.

coolmobility
Level 3

When does the "clock start" of 1-5 days without landline function start? Is it from date when line activated after equipment delivered or from application?

When does my old phone line stop functioning? This is very important as I am disabled and am normally contacted by phone.How long can I dial out for during this period?

This issue was not disclosed in the signup process, that I'm aware of, but should be.

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @coolmobility,

Welcome to TPG Community and thank you for raising this with us.

The porting process will commence once the installation has been completed.

While the number is being ported to us, only the incoming function will not work. You may still use the phone to call out.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

coolmobility
Level 3

Original order 7 Sept, Modem delivered 10 Sept, NBN Activated 11 Sept, phone stopped receiving but could call out, receiving calls 12 Sept but not recorded as completed until 13 September on TPG website and received email confirming full NBN activation and Porting completed 14 September.

Great speed and fantastic phone call clarity and volume best it has ever been. Very pleased with ease of install for FTTC NBN.

WiFi modem has excellent coverage and is better than my prior three-antenna ADSL modem for 5GHz, especially, with an easy to use Interface.

Only criticism is instructions do not cover changing SSID and new password adequately and do not even mention changing "admin" password change process. How many installs still have admin as login and password - very important security matter?

Shane

Hi @coolmobility,

We are glad to know that the service was successfully installed on time. We also appreciate your feedback in the setup guide sent via email we will pass this to the relevant team.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

coolmobility
Level 3

I was mainly referring to the TPG Install manual that shipped with the modem. No mention to change the admin password or how.

Shane

Hi @coolmobility,

Thanks for the clarification. The manual to setup the modem may not include the steps on how to change the admin password as it has a pre-configured settings. We will forward your feedback to the relevant team.

Cheers!