TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to receive calls since NBN installation

SOLVED Go to solution
robbauer
Level 3

I had the NBN installed on 03/02/2020.  I have my phone hooked up to the Phone 1 socket on the modem TPG provided (Archer VR1600v).  Phone 1 light is lit up.  I can make outgoing phone calls but cannot receive incoming calls.  It has been this way for 10 days now.

Can this please be looked into.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
robbauer
Level 3

@Riezl, yes the phone is now finally working after nearly two weeks of frustration. 

However during the course of those two weeks I was told on at least four occasions that my phone 'shows as registered and should be working', when clearly it wasn't. It seems to be your stock standard response. Here's a pro tip for you - people wouldn't contact you if it was working.

I was also promised callbacks on multiple occasions and didn't receive them.  Even when I did receive a callback it was in the morning when I specified on numerous occasions that I needed to be called in the evening.

I'd say your customer support definitely has plenty of room for improvement..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Riezl

Hi @robbauer,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details. We can see that your concern has been escalated to our Engineering Team and the case engineer will contact you via SMS or phone call to discuss the progression of the case.

If you have further queries, please let us know. Thank you.

robbauer
Level 3

Case engineer rang at 8:45am this morning on my mobile number. He asked me to do a hard reset of the modem.  He then told me he'd run some more tests and call me back in 15-30 minutes  Nearly 6 hours later and I'm still waiting.   Up until now I have at least been able to make outgoing calls, but since the modem reset I can no longer do that either. So that's now 12 days without a functioning phone service.

Riezl

Apologies if you haven't not received a callback from our Engineering Team, @robbauer.

Your phone shows registered now, which means that it should be properly working. Are you able to test if you can make/receive calls?

If you're still having issues, please let us know so we can investigate further. Thank you.

robbauer
Level 3

@Riezl, yes the phone is now finally working after nearly two weeks of frustration. 

However during the course of those two weeks I was told on at least four occasions that my phone 'shows as registered and should be working', when clearly it wasn't. It seems to be your stock standard response. Here's a pro tip for you - people wouldn't contact you if it was working.

I was also promised callbacks on multiple occasions and didn't receive them.  Even when I did receive a callback it was in the morning when I specified on numerous occasions that I needed to be called in the evening.

I'd say your customer support definitely has plenty of room for improvement..

Riezl

We take a genuine interest to all our customer feedback and we'll make sure that yours will be taken into account, @robbauer.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

We are glad that the service is now up and running.

If there's anything else that we can assist you with, please let us know.