VOIP not working

vin
Level 2
Level 2

My VOIP failed on 17th May in middle of call. 30 minutes later broadband stopped working.

2 days later TPG techs came - restored internet

Interestingly the TPG guys specifically told us not to use the wall phone socket labelled NBN.

I undertand the NBN line is not active as the TPG guys don't want to take risk of running another line from

the telstra pit to the house and hooking up with the NBN labelled ports in the house.

However thats not the problem - I am still not able to make calls.

Get busy dial tone and Error UCA0188. Anyone know what that is.

I wonder if there is any point paying extra for having VOIP.

18 REPLIES 18
KarlB

Hi @vin 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @vin 

Your Voip service is showing registered on TPG's end. Can you please confirm you are plugging you phone handset direct into the "Phone 1" port on the back of your modem/router?

Regards,

Karl

vin
Level 2
Level 2

Yes Karl - the cable from the phone handset is connecetd to the phone1 port on the modem.

vin

KarlB

Hi @vin 

Thanks for confirming that. I have requested for our Helpdesk Team to investigate and to give you a callback later on today.

Regards,

Karl

vin
Level 2
Level 2

I am glad I did not tick this solved,  as right now I am getting the same error 8180 again from my router so its basically back to same situation. So both internet and phone line is dead again.

I had a call from some lady at TPG yesterday regarding my phone not working and she said that she had to "refresh the settings" and after that my phone line became active again.

Appears TPG has not got to the root of the problem.

KarlB

Hi @vin 

I have requested for our Helpdesk guys to take another look and to contact you back again.

Regards,

Karl

vin
Level 2
Level 2

TPG SpeedsTPG SpeedsTPG SpeedsTPG SpeedsI got my internet back but still big issues with line speed.These are line speeds from around 4pm today - fairly typical of most afternoons when everything (VPN, VDI access etc) just grinds to a halt. 

KarlB

Hi @vin 

When you ran that speedtest how many devices did you have connected to your service? If you had more than 1 I recommend you try running your speedtest again tonight with only 1 device connected. I have also reset your port.

Regards,

Karl

vin
Level 2
Level 2

Its better now - downloads about 8 Mbps and Upload about 9 Mbps with only one machine on internet at about 7pm.

It's workable for now.