TPG Community

Get online support

VOIP number not ringing

parsonsamie
Level 2

Hi there,

We have a VOIP number, which works as I have an alarm and when the alarm goes off the VOIP home number calls my mobile.

However when I pulg in the digital handsets it tells me to check the line. I can't call the home number and have it ring on the handsets. 

I have tried having them plugged into the NBN box, then also through the modem, and also in one of the outlets in the house as i have cableing throughout.

Is it possible that the internet module for the alarm or security ccameras can cause issues with the home number?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Will

Hi @parsonsamie 

Welcome to the Community!

I was able to test your connection and I don't see any network-related issues that should affect your home phone service at this point.

Since you're on NBN FTTP, your homephone should be connected to the NTD box on the wall. It should be plugged into the UniV2 port. We're currently detecting a device connected to the said port, but can you confirm if it's the phone?

Regards,

Ahra_G

Hi @parsonsamie

We just want to check if you are still having issues with the homephone? If so, kindly let us know of your best contact time & number so I can organise a contact to be made from our Technical Team. 

Thanks! 

parsonsamie
Level 2

Good afternoon,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I had a death in the family.

Currently the alarm is plugged into the  UniV2 port, and the phone is in UniV1 port.

Will it not work in the UniV1 port?

Thank you

Ahra_G

Hi @parsonsamie

The homephone should be connected on the UNIV- 2 port on the modem. 

You may want to check this article if this helps with your query: uni-v port for voice and security monitoring

Let me know should you still require assistance. 

Cheers!