TPG Community

Get online support

What’s your experience with TPG?

mickmickey
Level 2

my family and I are going to be moving house soon and my parent is thinking about switching from Telstra to TPG when we get NBN. My parent says they have heard great things about TPG but the people that I’ve asked have said they have had nothing but trouble with them. So from those of you who have been with TPG, would you recommend we just stay with Telstra or switch to TPG?

28 REPLIES 28
orbistat
Level 8

@mickmickey According to your other post it appears you’re already connected to tpg https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/No-internet-connection/m-p/27558 ?

xebedie
Level 3

Experience with TPG is very poor and I would not recomend. My understandig is that when you sign up with TPG, you waive the Customer Service Gaurentee, meaning that TPG can take as long as they plesee to fix your phone line if it goes down.  (https://www.tpg.com.au/terms_conditions/tpg_voice). TPG rent the phone line from Telstra but in my experience seem completely incapable of communicating with Telstra effectively or persuading Telstra to rectify faults. In retrospect I wish I had signed up with a company that honors the CSG because being stuck without phone and internet for days on end is incredibly disruptive. 

Shane

Hi @xebedie.

We understand how much your service mean to you. Based on the latest escalated fault handled by our Engineering Team. We have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the Telstra. This unfortunately means only Telstra technicians have the authority to fix this fault.

We have responded to your initial post located here. To avoid redundancy and confusion, please this thread.

FIVE DAYS to fix internet and landline?

Experience with TPG is very poor and I would not recomend. My understandig is that when you sign up with TPG, you waive the Customer Service Gaurentee, meaning that TPG can take as long as they plesee to fix your phone line if it goes down.  (https://www.tpg.com.au/terms_conditions/tpg_voice). TPG rent the phone line from Telstra but in my experience seem completely incapable of communicating with Telstra effectively or persuading Telstra to rectify faults. In retrospect I wish I had signed up with a company that honors the CSG because being stuck without phone and internet for days on end is incredibly disruptive. 

xebedie
Level 3

@Shane 

Thanks once again for copying and pasting text sent to me 3 days ago re the outage on my phone and internet which is still not fixed. Really means a lot. 

However, there are many other things you can do to resolve the situation for me - which do not involve blaming Telstra. 

Please let me know if you are prepared to help by providing a replacement device during thr outage or waving fees for a service not working? 

Shane

Hi @xebedie

We will pass this to the assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager handling this caser for additional reference.

Let us continue the discussion on your thread located here to avoid redundancy and confusion.

peterpro
Level 2

Hello I have a problem, In the last 2 days I'm running very slow that my pages won't even load. Is there a problem for the Mascot area?

Will

Hi @peterpro

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for raising this with us. We're hoping to check what's affecting your connection speed, but we need to pull up your account to do so. Unfortunately, we're having difficulty pulling up your record using your community details. Can you send me a PM with your customer ID or username along with your service address?

For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

arzdfd
Level 2

@mickmickey wrote:

my family and I are going to be moving house soon and my parent is thinking about switching from Telstra to TPG when we get NBN. My parent says they have heard great things about TPG but the people that I’ve asked have said they have had nothing but trouble with them. So from those of you who have been with TPG, would you recommend we just stay with Telstra or switch to TPG?

there are many other things you can do to resolve the situation for me - which do not involve blaming Telstra. 

Please let me know if you are prepared my ip to help by providing https://birthdaywishes.onl/ a replacement device during thr outage tneb or waving fees for a service not working? 

Riezl

Hi @arzdfd, while we will endeavour to make the Service available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the Service is not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

There are many factors outside of our control which affect the Services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and quality of the copper pair. We accept no liability for interruptions to the Service or for any resulting damage or loss suffered by you or any third party.

We reserve the right to perform maintenance work from time to time, which may temporarily interrupt your access to the Service. Where possible, we will perform this work during non-peak times.

If we happen to identify that there's an issue with the equipment or the modem, we can look into replacing it.

We don't provide monetary compensation, but we can request a billing adjustment and this is still subject for approval.

Furthermore, if you are an existing TPG customer and having issues with the service, please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link:  

How do I private message (PM) in the community

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/td-p/4093