TPG Community

Get online support

When is email service ending?

potterr
Level 3

So i log in to tpg website and see the message that you are ending email services, one of the most basic things that people expect from an internet service provider. I never received an email from TPG about this.

When is the service ending exactly???

ie i mean how long do I have before I change to another more competent ISP?

TPG has gone to ** and this is just another nail

6 REPLIES 6
nanahcub
Level 3

30 November 2023

More info here: https://support.tpg.com.au/tpg-email-messaging-company

You can keep the tpg email if you transfer to The Messaging Company by 30 November 2023, but the catch is that after 15 September 2024 you have to pay for it if you want it to keep going after that.

The transfer link is https://register.themessagingco.com.au/tpg

cougar1964
Level 2

do we have any idea of how much the email service is going to be?

Ahra_G

Hi @cougar1964

The Messaging Company will contact customers with pricing options closer to the date indicated on the email.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

adsljw8s
Level 3

Extract from email received today:

To keep using your email address, ########@tpg.com.au, you’ll need to opt-in to transferring to The Messaging Company by 11/09/2023, otherwise your email address may be suspended.

MarRover2
Level 3

Hello,

Something is not clear to me and wonder if you guys can help me.

If my current tpg email is MyInbox@tpg.com.au and if I opt-in to transfer to The Messaging Co, will my e-mail address continue to be MyInbox@tpg.com.au or will it become MyInbox@themessagingco.com.au or some other domain name like tpg.themessagingco.com.au?

If the e-mail address continues to be MyInbox@tpg.com.au, that means I do not have to advise sites that currently I interact with via e-mail. Is that right?

Thanks

Rover

Angeli

Hi @MarRover2,

That's right, your email address will stay the same after migrating. In this scenario, your address would continue to be MyInbox@tpg.com.au.  

Regards, 

Angeli