TPG Community

Get online support

people unable to call me and get a message that area is currently congested. Never had this before

hawkeyenic
Level 3

Hello,

I had already initiated a plan to have people who regularly contact me to note times, days, dates and any messages received by them when their calls to me failed prior to the request from your team member this morning (6th September). Trying to assist in anyway and eliminating as much as I can think of at my end of the problem to rectify this fault.

Best regards,

Nic

Riezl

Hi @hawkeyenic, we can see that our Engineering Team is waiting for your update regarding the failing calls sample.

Feel free to message us so we can forward it to the team.

hawkeyenic
Level 3

Today, Tuesday 10/09/2019,

My wife called our landline at 1:36pm ACST from her mobile (Vodafone) It indicated it was dialing but there was no dial tone. She hung up and then attempted a second call which did the same but she didn't hang up and eventually received a message " the line in the area you are calling is congested" there were then some numbers given which she didn't catch.

I didn't know that she had tried calling until later.

I had meanwhile called my landline at approximately 2:00 & 2:05 pm ACST from my neighbours landline (Telstra)  and received no dial tone but a message on each occassion stating "the line in the area you are calling is congested OCA0142".

This is also similar to what occurred at a similar time last Tuesday 03/09/2019.

Regards,

Nic

Shane

Hi @hawkeyenic,

This issue is still handled by our Engineering Team. We chased this up and pass this information for additional reference. You will be contacted by one of our Engineers when update is available.

Cheers!

hawkeyenic
Level 3

Hello Shane,

I've had contact with your technical team recently. Since then I've been checking on the internet for faults concerning OCA0142 which I received when trying to call my landline from various other phones. I have discovered that this fault has been occuring since about March 2015 until now and seems to be with TPG modems. Your thoughts?

Shane

Hi @hawkeyenic,

Regrettably, I wish I was the bearer of better news. At the moment our Voice Engineers are still doing an investigation on this issue. I don’t have any further updates differing from what has already been communicated to you.

Your experience is important to us and you will be contacted again when the update is available.