TPG Community

Get online support

5GHz wifi keeps dropping

SOLVED Go to solution
taroojsyed
Level 2

Hi,

My 5GHz wifi keeps dropping off randomly very frequently. Working from home, the VPN connection to my work network drops off which often results in my file getting corrupt or i'm just loosing work. I have attached the modem setting for your reference. Appreciate if I get some suggestions to get this fixed. thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @taroojsyed ,

Thanks for raising this to us, it is possible that the dropouts is caused by Wireless Interference. We did an article that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to improve the Wireless connection at home. Please see the links below.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

@taroojsyed wrote:

Hi,

My 5GHz wifi keeps dropping off randomly very frequently. Working from home, the VPN connection to my work network drops off which often results in my file getting corrupt or i'm just loosing work. I have attached the modem setting for your reference. Appreciate if I get some suggestions to get this fixed. thanks! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @taroojsyed ,

Thanks for raising this to us, it is possible that the dropouts is caused by Wireless Interference. We did an article that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to improve the Wireless connection at home. Please see the links below.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

@taroojsyed wrote:

Hi,

adamjoliver
Level 3
I’m also experiencing 5ghz wifi issues. 2.4ghz works fine. I’ve tried all the steps suggested, setting wireless channels etc but 5ghz still has issues. I’ve raised this a number of times where 5ghz wifi being connected but not obtaining an IP. I’m not happy with this modem, it’s the second one of this type. I want a refund for the cost of this modem and a different compatible modem. This level of service is not okay.