TPG Community

Get online support

5ghz wifi loses connection archer vr1600v

alandlng
Level 2

Hi,

I just started using TPG and supplied with archer router. I've exactly the same problem. 5G got disconnected and for devices that are connected but cannot access internet. My device is literally next to the router. So it's not issue with distancing.

Alan

Shane

Hi @alandlng & @sacheboi,

Sorry for delayed response, we'd like to confirm what troubleshooting have you done so far. Please try to factory reset the modem/router.

Note: After the factory reset you may need to reconfigure the Wireless Network name and password of the modem/router.

Please send me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include the serial number of your modem/router for additional reference.

Regards, 

surrid
Level 3
The exact same issue is happening to us. The 5GHz WiFi fails suddenly and all devices disconnect from it. When you attempt to connect the devices say "authentication error" or "cannot connect to this network". The 2.4 GHz WiFi continues to work. I have been through all of the same router reset and reconfiguration steps.

What do you suggest is done here? If the issue is not unique, surely there is some firmware or hardware problem.

It is currently preventing us from using our service that we paid for.
Shane

Welcome to the community, @surrid!

We're sad to know that you're having the same issue.

If all troubleshooting has been done, please send me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with your best contact number and preferred time) we'll have one of our Technicians to contact you for real-time test and investigation.

Regards, 

surrid
Level 3

Thanks @Shane - thanks, will message separately. We have already been talking to a technician all day but it keeps occurring.

sfranchi
Level 2

Hi,

I am suffering the same issue. The 5G WIFI dropped out randomly. It happened at least 2 or 3 times a week. I called the suppport a couple week ago and he decided to replacement the modem. I had the new modem last week and it happened again. Within this week i already rebooted 2 times. It has nothing to do with the set up nor any interfere. I have spent hours based on TPG recommendations but no luck. It's just waster of times.

It's very annoying since I need the 5G network as well to get full speed (90Mbps) for my work. I only get 30 to 40 Mbps on 2.4G  Every time i reset the modem i need to call my IT department to add my new ip address. It's frustatating.

I believe it's the modem issue as well and it happens to most of people but they did not realise it. I moved from Exetel last month and did not have any issue. Please let me know if anyone knows how to resolve this issue.

TPG Technical support please look into this urgently, hopefully firmware update can fix this issue

Thanks

BasilDV

Hi @sfranchi

Welcome to the Community!

When the 5GHz network dropped out, did you notice the light status on the modem if it's Off? Or was it On but you are not able to detect the network?

Since it is a replacement modem, we'd like to raise this with our Senior technician. Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

BasilDV

drewidd1
Level 3

hi,

i wish i had seen this post earlier. I have been with tpg for about 7 months. My first archer 1600v started to fail on the 5G wifi after two months, causing us to repeatedly restart it, until it got to the point we couldnt even connect to 5G. when i contacted online support they said they have never heard of anything like this and it was an issue on my end.

After an hour of troubleshooting with them they decided to send me another modem.

2 months in it is now starting to behave in the same way with the 5G wifi.

How can TPG keep giving us these modems and put us through all the stress of having to go through troubleshooting with them when they MUST know this is an issuse with a faulty build design on their modems.

BasilDV

Hi @drewidd1

We apologise for the inconvenience, however, our Tech team will need to check if the device is really faulty.

Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted tomorrow and we'll arrange for someone to call you.

BasilDV

drewidd1
Level 3

Thankyou for the reply Basil. however my "Replacement Modem" is currently in the phase of breaking down, there is no point someone ringing me if it is currently working. but as you have witnessed from your other customers on this forum it wont be long before my 5g wifi stops working, i will respond to this thread when it does. I would hope your senior technician has had a good look at the returned modems and is looking at a different model or brand for future replacements. I wonder how many non technical users just connect to the 2g wifi and dont even realise their modem is fasulty?