AC1600 vs AC1200

SOLVED Go to solution
saleheddin
Level 2
Hi,
Wich one is better to use?
Tp link AC1600 or AC1200?
I have AC1600 from last year when I got NBN for the very first time and AC1200 received today for my new place.
Cheers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @saleheddin . It will be best to use the C1200. Once connected, it goes through some auto configuration before it is ready.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @saleheddin . Do you mean the Archer VR1600 and Archer C1200? I believe C1200 is used with FTTP where the telephone connects to the FTTP box. VR1600 is used in the other types where telephone connects to VR1600. What connection type is at your old place and new place?

If your new place is FTTP, VR1600 will probably work if you disable VLAN ID setting.

If the VR1600 works, you can research each one on TP-Link web site: wifi range, internal speed. What facilities are offered on main menu you might use.

saleheddin
Level 2

Hi @david64 
Thanks for your time and input.
To be honest I'm not that expert in this field. Not sure about the previous place but the new residence has FTTP.
It was just a bit strange (considering the level of my knowledge about IT matters) that why last year I got Archer VR1600v but yesterday (after a year) I received Archer C1600 !!
Just had a quick search on the net and found C1200 is more expensive however VR1600v has more features.
I think I have to wait to ask the installer and leave it to him/her to choose one.
Cheers.

david64
Level 15

Hi @saleheddin . It will be best to use the C1200. Once connected, it goes through some auto configuration before it is ready.