TPG Community

Get online support

ASUS DSL-AX82U can't connect to HFC

SOLVED Go to solution
sbryce
Level 2

I'm trying to setup a new ASUS DSL-AX82U to my existing HFC connection (the latter is working fine).

I've followed several guides but this is the closest: https://support.tpg.com.au/how-set-asus-rt-ac68u-nbn-hfc

I'm setting:

- WAN Type to DSL and VDSL WAN (PTM)

- PPPoE for WAN Connection Type

Enable 802.1Q - enter 2 in VLAN ID and 0 in 802.1P

- TPG Account Username and Password

I click apply, then reboot router, then attach ethernet cable from NBN box to blue WAN port on the DSL-AX82U.

Under WAN it just keeps telling me cable is disconnected... 

Please can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, 

Stewart

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @sbryce . In the picture that shows WAN type, DSL is wrong. DSL is for ADSL or FTTB/FTTN which uses RJ11 cable to DSL port. Select WAN, as in ethernet WAN. All other settings should be ok.

View solution in original post

sbryce
Level 2

Hi 

@david64  You absolute legend! That worked Smiley Happy  Been fighting this for ages. 

@Ahra_G  Appreciate the suggestions too! 

Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @sbryce

You  may check this article on how to setup your modem for the NBN HFC service: New Connection Setup Help

You may also PM us with your TPG account details so we can check the status of your connection.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

sbryce
Level 2

Hi Ahra, 

My connection is fine - I've switched back to my old Huwei modem for now. 

I've also been through the new connection setup for BYO modems but my model isn't listed. I've tried many things so far (too many to list) but what I have in my original post is what i think should work (but doesn't).

Not sure what to do next.

Thanks, 

Stewart

david64
Level 15

Hi @sbryce . In the picture that shows WAN type, DSL is wrong. DSL is for ADSL or FTTB/FTTN which uses RJ11 cable to DSL port. Select WAN, as in ethernet WAN. All other settings should be ok.

sbryce
Level 2

Hi 

@david64  You absolute legend! That worked Smiley Happy  Been fighting this for ages. 

@Ahra_G  Appreciate the suggestions too! 

Cheers!