TPG Community

Get online support

ASUS GT-AX11000 settings FTTP

SOLVED Go to solution
e11eventy8
Level 2
Hi all, I just got this router and trying to use it for tpg.
I have an FTTP connection. I’ve changed wan type to PPPoE and entered in my user name and password but can’t get it to connect. Any help would be great. Or do I need another brand of router
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
e11eventy8
Level 2
Actually that never worked. What I found is nbn is set up differently with each company, so I found out through another forum that my router doesn’t work with tpg , so I signed up with Aussie broadband and it worked straight away with out needing to change anything

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @e11eventy8 . Is the Asus replacing a working router, or are you using Asus on a new connection?

What lights are lit on the NBN box? 

The Power, Optical and Alarm should be green.

You should have an email from TPG indicating which UNI-D port should be used.

When connected, the UNI-D light should be orange indicating a gigabit router is connected-Asus.

Having set PPPoE, are WAN and NAT enabled?    VLAN ID is not used on FTTP connection.

Go to Advanced Settings, System Log. The General log might indicate the problem.

aussieczech
Level 2
Basically all you have to do is to got to LAN settings, IPTV tab and then vlan set to none. Everything else should be fine.
Simple fix
e11eventy8
Level 2
Actually that never worked. What I found is nbn is set up differently with each company, so I found out through another forum that my router doesn’t work with tpg , so I signed up with Aussie broadband and it worked straight away with out needing to change anything