TPG Community

Get online support

Admin log in for router not working

SOLVED Go to solution
awooga_
Level 3

Hi, I am tryuing to log into my modems admin page following the http://192.168.1.1/#/login/ link. I have tried username admin and admin as password but this didn't work. I then tried username admin and the password on the back of the modem but this also comes up as wrong username or password. I never changed the password so not sure why this is not working. What can I do to reset password/change it so I can log in? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
awooga_
Level 3
Hi I was wanting to change the wifi password. I reset it again this morning and was able to log in to admin page. So issue seems to have resolved

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Aubrey

@awooga_  Do a factory reset on the modem by pushing the small RESET button until it reboots. This will bring back the default settings including the default UN and password. 

awooga_
Level 3

Hi, I have rest the modem lights flashed, went off and it came back online but it is still saying the password is incorrect.

david64
Master

Hi @awooga_ . What is the router model number?

Is it supplied by TPG, or some other service provider, or purchased in a store?

awooga_
Level 3
It was supplied by TPG and has log in details on the router, so strange it doesn’t work still after a reset. It’s Sagemcom Fast 5866T
Ahra_G

Hi @awooga_, may we know what were you trying to check hence the need to log in to the modem's page? 

Also, can you access the internet after the reset? 

awooga_
Level 3
Hi I was wanting to change the wifi password. I reset it again this morning and was able to log in to admin page. So issue seems to have resolved
Ahra_G

Glad to know that it's sorted, @awooga_

Do let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.