TPG Community

Get online support

Am I on the latest Modem firmware and will it make a difference?

JimmyJ
Level 3

Hi there.

Just wondering if i am on the latest firmware for the Archer VR1600v V1, and will it make any difference?

I didn't get the speed bump i was recently offered and I get more dropouts than I did before the offer was made. I assume something changed on the service, just not what i expected.

People have mentioned that there may be restrictions on the modem - can't see it in settings myself though.

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n 

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

Thanks,

James

5 REPLIES 5
Riezl

Hi @JimmyJ, we can confirm that your modem has the latest firmware. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help with your concern.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

JimmyJ
Level 3

Hi there and thanks for the message.

I've been on the phone with your support guys for the last two days. They are still working on it.

James

BasilDV

Thank you for the update @JimmyJ

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

JimmyJ
Level 3

So it has been weeks and the people I spoke to initially can't seem to solve the speed boost problem and passed it onto the engineers two weeks ago.

Still no change to speed.

Riezl

Hi @JimmyJ, please send us a PM with your TPG account details so we can further assist you. We will wait for your PM. Thank you.