TPG Community

Get online support

Another Huawei HG658 hunk of junk problem

akatiggers
Level 2

I've been trying to troubleshoot dropouts and slow downs here for months. I recently upgraded my connection to 100mbps, fat lot of good that did. I'm still using my original v1 HG658 modem supplied by TPG. I note these aren't even supported or supplied any more and like most people this has obviously just degraded over the years. Don't you keep records of who you sent these old modems to and upgrade them every once in a while? 

Your competitors do.

What's the life on these things? This one has been running 24/7 for over 6 years and it was a piece of junk to start with. Do you just wait until customers complain then I have to wait for you to mail me a new one while my internet runs at 4Mbps?

The node is, literally, in my front garden. It is 80 metres away from the modem.

I have a currently open ticket because my speed has dropped again to 4Mbps (from 45Mbps) with dropouts, but regardless of how that ticket goes - it's time for a new a new modem TPG.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hey, akatiggers

Actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG. 

Send us your details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) to better understand what causing issues with the service.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I've been trying to troubleshoot dropouts and slow downs here for months. I recently upgraded my connection to 100mbps, fat lot of good that did. I'm still using my original v1 HG658 modem supplied by TPG. I note these aren't even supported or supplied any more and like most people this has obviously just degraded over the years. Don't you keep records of who you sent these old modems to and upgrade them every once in a while? 

Your competitors do.

What's the life on these things? This one has been running 24/7 for over 6 years and it was a piece of junk to start with. Do you just wait until customers complain then I have to wait for you to mail me a new one while my internet runs at 4Mbps?

The node is, literally, in my front garden. It is 80 metres away from the modem.

I have a currently open ticket because my speed has dropped again to 4Mbps (from 45Mbps) with dropouts, but regardless of how that ticket goes - it's time for a new a new modem TPG.