TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600 very slow and falling over in managment console

randdscurr
Level 2

I have had this model for a while now and I think given how flakie it is, it is about to die.I have to restart the modem a few times a day to get the wifi working again. It is broadcasting but not internet access. I have a HFC NBN conection.

I login into the modem to see what is going on and can't see or change any of the settings as the pages load with fault 9003 or 9804. I have tryed to turn off one of the wifi bands to take load off the router and 90% of the time the page will load with the fault code. If it does load I select the band that I want to turn off and then try to save. The save fails 100% of the time with the fault codes.

I tried to find where to put it in bridge mode so I could use a olderer router. I can not get pages to load with the infomation as they have fault codes 9003 or 9804.

I was trying to see if TPG offerd a range of router/ modems as I have many devices conected and basic routers lack headroom to cope, also I would like wifi 6 with MU-MIMD. But all I could find on the TPG website was models change due to demand. Is ther no choice?

The original use for the internet was for mainly good intentions. Given what I have seen with the spread of miss information and hate speak, it has moved to a point now that I fear that it is doing more harm than good.
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @randdscurr ,

Welcome to the community!

In the event that the Wi-Fi signal is dropping for some instances and getting slow connection than those devices conneccted via LAN/Ethernet cable it could be a Wireless Interference Issue, here is an articles that you may find helpful.

Connecting 3rd party router using our supplied modem/router and it actually work by changing the router's connection mode to "DHCP mode"

You can visit this link for reference. Connect Asus RT-AC88U to Huawei HG659.

The modem we provide is a tandard modem and we’ve optimised the setup to complement our specifically configured modem settings. We provide the modem for all our NBN plans as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle. You always have the option to use a high-end modem/router if this is the case we can provide you with the settings required to configure your 3rd party modem with the settings required to access the internet.

On the other hand, if the Wi-Fi is available/broadcasting and devices are connected to it but not working. It is possible that it is a line issue. 

To check this, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID tgoether with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@randdscurr wrote:

I have had this model for a while now and I think given how flakie it is, it is about to die.I have to restart the modem a few times a day to get the wifi working again. It is broadcasting but not internet access. I have a HFC NBN conection.

I login into the modem to see what is going on and can't see or change any of the settings as the pages load with fault 9003 or 9804. I have tryed to turn off one of the wifi bands to take load off the router and 90% of the time the page will load with the fault code. If it does load I select the band that I want to turn off and then try to save. The save fails 100% of the time with the fault codes.

I tried to find where to put it in bridge mode so I could use a olderer router. I can not get pages to load with the infomation as they have fault codes 9003 or 9804.

I was trying to see if TPG offerd a range of router/ modems as I have many devices conected and basic routers lack headroom to cope, also I would like wifi 6 with MU-MIMD. But all I could find on the TPG website was models change due to demand. Is ther no choice?